Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2006, 04:03 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I managed to put one into the Pentaxium gallery this morning, but now it is the same error message again.

09-25-2006, 07:21 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Sorry to report this to you Adam, but I'm still getting the same error I don,t know why. . Also is the Pentaxium site the same as the Photo Gallery? If not then the upload is only going to the Pentaxium site and then that is not working either. since the error message is still Sorry Photo Tramp error. im going to try a picture that I know has been resized and a JPEG format at 401/600 and see if this doesn't work.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

PS Sorry Adam it does it on every Photo I try to upload.
I'm talking about the gallery here, not about the Pentaxium site- I hope we're on the same page. I don't manage pentaxium.com at all.

I'm still looking at it...very, very puzzling. Everything seems to work for me, plus, it looks like you managed to upload several photos: https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/index.php?n=114

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I did notice something looking at the gallery, maybe it will give you a clue.

I was in the Personal gallery, and when I clicked on the picture called Big Bug, the picture called My Boy showed up, and if I clicked on My Boy, the Big Bug picture showed up.

Sounds like some kind of pointer or index got messed up...
09-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I looked at that yesterday and I fixed 3 instances of mixed up images that came up during the server move.

If still you find any specific errors, please post them.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Thanks for fixing that mix up - I thought it was me who had done it and have been trying to swap them over, to no avail.

Still can't upload photo's - same error message.
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Problems with Photo Gallery

Hi Adam;
I really hate to say it again but I'm still getting the same error. (sorry, Photo Tramp,error) I don't know what else to tell you. This all started about the time the Pentaxium site was able to upload. And there is still a new field in the regular Photo Gallerys upload menu, Could this be something to look at?

09-25-2006, 05:31 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've found the error, finally.

I tried adding a "country" field exclusively to the Photo Day category, but it was added to every other category as well (in error- this is a bug in the software). After removing it, it did not disappear in all the other categories (but only I can see it as a blank field when logged in as an administrator). Thereafter, I added a global country field that works- but the gallery still registers the old field (that couldn't be removed) as required and hence doesn't let you upload to any category but the Pentaxium section.

I've asked about this on the developers' site- I hope to get an answer soon. I'm also manually looking at the database tables myself

Sorry about all this...

-----

I think I've fixed part of the error, but uploading still doesn't work in those categories- this is really, really annoying. I may have to rebuild the categories and then transfer all the images to new ones...

Edit: another part of the error is that the "description" table has magically disappeared in all of the other categories...

The developers are slow with their responses, but they've offered good help so far, so let's hope they'll get this taken care of

Adam

Last edited by Adam; 09-25-2006 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So much empty talk, and it looks like I ended up fixing it on my very own...

There were several stray custom field MySQL rows with invalid IDs that had to be taken care of- that's been done, and everything should be back to normal...finally!

Adam

09-26-2006, 02:39 AM   #24
Inactive Account

Problem with Gallery

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote

There were several stray custom field MySQL rows with invalid IDs that had to be taken care of- that's been done, and everything should be back to normal...finally!
IT'S FIXED, IT'S FIXED, Adam you did it. The uploads work perfict. Great job. I just want you to know I think you really do a heck of a job on this forum and All of us are proud we have you and your support. Thank You very much.

Good Shooting.
09-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #25

I wish I could get an upload to the gallery to work! Every time I try it kicks out on me. I just got desperate and posted it on the DSLR discussion page as a link to a copy on my smugmug site. That worked. Can this Photo Day gallery be submitted to from smugmug?
09-26-2006, 07:52 AM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Since the gallery finally works, I can give you a few tips on uploading:

1. Your image shouldn't be wider than 1024 pixels
2. Your image should be smaller than 1 Mb (So remember to resize the pic in Photoshop, etc.)
3. Only upload .jpg files
4. Remember to fill out all of the fields (title, description, country, lens, camera)

I hope this helps The gallery is at https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/

Adam

09-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Yesterday evening I tried to upload a jpg and I got the error. Tried twice. 2 different images. Size was 800 pixels and around 200 KB. Everything was filled out correctly.
This morning I tried the exact same thing - and it worked.
09-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #28

I don't know what is wrong with it now - getting
Error
Sorry, tswill2: Bad File - File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type
and I had resized it down to 1020 and saved in .jpg. What's this MIME refer to?
09-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

MIME refers to encoding and extenstion- use .jpg rather than .jpeg. Also, leave the encoding as default.

Try resizing your image to 800x533 pixels- that'll guarantee that the gallery will accept it.

Adam

09-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #30

Also, leave the encoding as default.

encoding as default - where and how?
Tom