Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Problem with gallery

Hi, I try to upload a JPG image in the gallery but I obtain this error :

Sorry, ercole69: Bad Type - File is of the Wrong MIME Type

I try to reopen the image and save it again but the error is the same.

09-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Perhaps is only a temp problem, this morning I can upload the image without problem
09-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This isn't a problem with the gallery- it will only accept certain types of JPG files. (which isn't all too great, though)

If you've changed the encoding to a non-standard format in photoshop, chances are the gallery won't accept the image- try to leave those settings unchanged. You can still edit the image, though.

Most users will not encounter this issue.

Did you change any image parameters this morning, or did everything just work?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-22-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
No it's just working with the same image. I use Gimp on Linux and I just save in jpg format :
JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01that is the same format of my other shot I'd posted.

09-22-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ok, since that's the case, I'll go get some more info on what the gallery does and does not accept- it's definitely not a bug, though

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-24-2006, 02:15 AM   #6
Inactive Account

error in uploading.

Hi Adam'
I just tried to upload a JPEG file to the Gallery and got this error. (Sorry Photo Tramp there is an error) nothing to tell me what is wrong, weather it is the file size (401-600) or the wrong type of JPEG. I'll try another picture and see if it works.

Cheers: David

Ok Adam I have tried 3 diffrent pictures three diffrent times and still get the same message no matter what picture I try.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 09-24-2006 at 02:25 AM.
09-24-2006, 03:39 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Having the same problem as Photo Tramp.

Hope everyone has as good World Pentax as I did with my family.

09-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This error maybe be due to the server move, and it may come up for certain users only.

My best guess is that I missed a few folders to CHMOD- please check back for updates.

Adam

09-24-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've checked out the folders now, and it doesn't look like the error lies with CHMODing, so I contacted the gallery developers for support.

Adam

09-24-2006, 12:32 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now fixed the error that Photo Tramp reported, so you should be able to upload to the Pentax gallery!

Adam

09-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Problem with gallery

Sorry to say this Adam, but the Problem still exists I can't upload to the gallery. I keep getting the erroe msg. Sorry Photo Tramp error.
09-24-2006, 02:12 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Really? Then this one's got me stumped...

I got the same error for the Pentaxium category, but after the repair I made, I could upload, as well as a few other users that tested it. Try a different category and tell me if you get same error...

In the meantime, I'll go see what the PhotoPlog developers have to say about this- if they replied yet.

Sorry for the trobule

Adam

09-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Problems with Gallery

Will Do Adam be back in a few min. and let you know.

Sorry Adam it still won't let me post. I keep getting the same error only faster.

And just to let you know Adam I don't have any trouble with the Pentaxium Gallery upload

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 09-24-2006 at 02:52 PM.
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think that the error is now fixed

It turns out that the gallery did not accept images with the .jpeg extension (only .jpg), but it should be accepting both now.

If you still encounter problems, let me know, and I'll address them ASAP. Thanks

Adam

09-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Problems with Gallery.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I think that the error is now fixed

It turns out that the gallery did not accept images with the .jpeg extension (only .jpg), but it should be accepting both now.

If you still encounter problems, let me know, and I'll address them ASAP. Thanks
Sorry to report this to you Adam, but I'm still getting the same error I don,t know why. . Also is the Pentaxium site the same as the Photo Gallery? If not then the upload is only going to the Pentaxium site and then that is not working either. since the error message is still Sorry Photo Tramp error. im going to try a picture that I know has been resized and a JPEG format at 401/600 and see if this doesn't work.

Good Shooting.

PS Sorry Adam it does it on every Photo I try to upload.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 09-25-2006 at 02:20 AM.