Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time line for the give-away contest?

Hello,

I hope this won't make me appear rude or impatient, but I managed to convince myself that there is no harm in asking, as long as I ask nicely!

I was wondering about the give-away: When I submitted my blog entries, it looked like there were roughly a hundred posts in each category. Now it is four weeks since the contest closed, and 14 blogs have been posted in one category, 13 in the other. Maybe it's not reasonable to extrapolate, but IF I was right about the number of entries, and IF the current rate is kept, then it would take at least half a year to post all the entries. I can't help being a litte bit impatient, because I'm both excited and a little anxious about the reception my entries will receive (they are definitely in good company already!)

It would just save me about 50 quick update checks a day if you could please provide some sort of rough time line (like, "we expect to post all the entries before the end of February, and voting to end in April" or whatever) I bet someone already made a plan of this sort, and I would definitely be grateful to know when the contest is running, and roughly when it will end.

Thanks a lot for any info you can share, and thanks for a great website!

Mette

12-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Hello,

I hope this won't make me appear rude or impatient, but I managed to convince myself that there is no harm in asking, as long as I ask nicely!

I was wondering about the give-away: When I submitted my blog entries, it looked like there were roughly a hundred posts in each category. Now it is four weeks since the contest closed, and 14 blogs have been posted in one category, 13 in the other. Maybe it's not reasonable to extrapolate, but IF I was right about the number of entries, and IF the current rate is kept, then it would take at least half a year to post all the entries. I can't help being a litte bit impatient, because I'm both excited and a little anxious about the reception my entries will receive (they are definitely in good company already!)

It would just save me about 50 quick update checks a day if you could please provide some sort of rough time line (like, "we expect to post all the entries before the end of February, and voting to end in April" or whatever) I bet someone already made a plan of this sort, and I would definitely be grateful to know when the contest is running, and roughly when it will end.

Thanks a lot for any info you can share, and thanks for a great website!

Mette
More than half of the submissions were disqualified / empty, so we hope to be through with the contest by the end of February. Initially the turnout was quite low, and then submissions started flooding in, so the large number of posts sure caught us by surprise!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam! I like the idea of the contest: the variety and quality of the entries so far is quite impressive, so the contest also adds real content to the site - good thinking!