Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I have to say I'll be sorry to see it go - for me it is a lot of fun and educational too - it was a way for me to remain current and curious about current events etc.
I agree.

There was no vote and no opinions asked for but I offer one anyway. The endless complaining about how for example Pentax, the K-01 and no FF sucks is far more annoying then anything on P&R.

12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
By the way, did anyone notice the forum will be closed on 12/21/12... the Mayans were right!!
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
By the way, did anyone notice the forum will be closed on 12/21/12... the Mayans were right!!
Mere coincidence!
12-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I am glad it's gone. I never participated and had it blocked long ago. I've seen what these types of forums do to most peope on other sites, some I moderate on and it's usually never good stuff. So, thanks to Adam and the moderators for their decision to close that forum.

12-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I totally support this decision. The discussions were more mud slinging than anything else, and I suspect that some photography hobbyists who could have been good correspondents made enemies of each other, judging from the tone of much of the discourse.
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #21

Personally, I'll be glad to see it go. I have other places on the Interwebs where I can go and get into political discussions (or verbal knife-fights, if you prefer). I come to the Pentax Forums to learn about & discuss photography. So, I, for one, will not miss this particular sub-forum. Good decision.
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Just an FYI... The P&R forum was started to prevent the political and religious posts which inevitably pop up on forums from polluting the photography related forums on this site. As such it provided a fenced off place for people to discuss these issues. With P&R's closure and since there is only so much an all volunteer moderation staff can monitor, it will become very important for our daily users to report any political or religious threads or posts so that the staff can delete them.

If you see any general political or religious posts (other than politically related photo issues in "General Photography") please use the "report post" tool to bring them to our attention.

Thanks,

Mike
PF Moderation Team

12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I never participated and had it blocked long ago.....So, thanks to Adam and the moderators for their decision to close that forum.
funny.............
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Where should I open a new thread about the politics of political discussion forums?
12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I am glad it's gone. I never participated and had it blocked long ago. I've seen what these types of forums do to most peope on other sites, some I moderate on and it's usually never good stuff. So, thanks to Adam and the moderators for their decision to close that forum.
I agree 100%. I think I checked into a thread or two, but never participated.
I'm happy it is going, as I too, have seen what it does in other forums I belong to.

I am glad that my opinions of the posters here are limted to their photography and where they stand on the Pentaxian spectrum.
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Where should I open a new thread about the politics of political discussion forums?

A political forum.
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Try DPR.
12-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by neil Quote
Great decision!

The Off-Topic forum at DPR is great for the poo-flinging monkeys.
What an truely considerate way to speak of your fellow forum members.
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
What an truely considerate way to speak of your fellow forum members.
He wasn't speaking of all forum members, only the ones that are poo flinging monkeys. They probably know who they are.
12-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Just an FYI... The P&R forum was started to prevent the political and religious posts which inevitably pop up on forums from polluting the photography related forums on this site. As such it provided a fenced off place for people to discuss these issues. With P&R's closure and since there is only so much an all volunteer moderation staff can monitor, it will become very important for our daily users to report any political or religious threads or posts so that the staff can delete them.

If you see any general political or religious posts (other than politically related photo issues in "General Photography") please use the "report post" tool to bring them to our attention.

Thanks,

Mike
PF Moderation Team
Really? You're encouraging members to report posts?
Closed Thread