Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you view the site on a mobile device? Like an Iphone, PDA, Smartphone
Yes 1134.38%
No 1753.13%
I would more often if mobile viewer available. 928.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I gotta say I check more on my iphone then I thought I would. It is a little harder to respond but, I do it very often. Maybe not so much in Romania but more people here in the US are going mobile. It is a blessing and a curse

02-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've come up with an alternative solution that should work almost just as well as a mobile skin: simply visit https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/archive/?pda=1 from your PDA/phone, and the system will allow you to browse the text-only archive for the duration of your stay. If you don't specify "?pda=1", you would be redirected to the regular version of the site whenever trying to view a thread.

The one downside to this is that you cannot make any new posts or threads, so I'll still spend a bit of time trying to get the other system working.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skins

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have now installed a modification that automatically forces an extremely simple skin for all mobile device users. However, it might not be working properly because I've disabled the viewing of this skin for general users on the PC.

Could anyone access the site from a phone or a PDA (other and the iPhone, which can handle the regular skin) and let me know how everything looks? Thanks!
Ah, that explains why there is a change on my BlackJack. I use it frequently at work, even more so now that my PC's mobo is being RMA'd...

Actually I prefer the choice of skins with Pocket IE, and normally use the Classic Skin, which is what prefer. Adam: any chance of giving us the skins options back?

Regards,
Marc
02-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Adam: any chance of giving us the skins options back?

Regards,
Marc
What do you mean?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What do you mean?
This:

I have now installed a modification that automatically forces an extremely simple skin for all mobile device users. However, it might not be working properly because I've disabled the viewing of this skin for general users on the PC.

Could anyone access the site from a phone or a PDA (other and the iPhone, which can handle the regular skin) and let me know how everything looks? Thanks!
You've automatically forced the simple skin for all mobile devices. Any chance of giving us the option to choose our skins again?

Regards,
Marc
02-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ah, I see- that modification is currently disabled, but if I do get it to work, the mobile skin will be forced for all mobile devices with simple browsers. iPhones, PocketPCs, and some PDAs which can use the normal layout will be excluded and you'd be able to choose the skin you want.

Adam

02-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

It way it is right now is quite readable and opening a thread is better too. With the exception, as you said, you cannot post.

Also gone is the "New Posts". This is however available if I open a thread.

Thanks for the extra work you're doing Adam.

03-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #23
Inactive Account

No i don't view this site on a mobile device.