Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Recently Liked Posts Show a Strange Timestamp

The recently liked post widget is showing strange times for the cited posts. In my case, a post made at about 2pm is listed as being made at about midnight. The error may be related to timezones or maybe some other setting personalized to me.

It doesn't bug me or anything, but it is weird. Maybe I'm the only one who sees this?

01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I swear it was showing midnight just a minute ago! Now it is back to normal.

Very weird, I really don't think I was hallucinating, but it may be time for a coffee break.

Thanks Adam (and others). We can close this thread as necessary.
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
. . . ? . . .
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
.......Maybe I'm the only one who sees this?
I've noticed the same thing more than once over the past year (?) or so.

Last edited by .a.t.; 02-02-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: nevermind
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like you guys are mistaking the date of the like as the date for the post maybe?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
. . . ? . . .
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sounds like you guys are mistaking the date of the like as the date for the post maybe?

Here's an example from today.

I just checked the Recently Liked Posts. This is a screen shot of what I saw at 1:26pm Pacific time:

?? But, when I went back a few minutes later and refreshed the screen, it looked like this:

01-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, good point. This is because the sidebar is cached, and the cached version must have been generated by another user who is in a different time zone. I can definitely update the system so that the timestamps are correct, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
. . . ? . . .
Loyal Site Supporter

That's interesting. Thanks, Adam.