Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"Hey lurker"... no thanks

Recently the forum has been flashing a "hey lurker why don't you register or log in" message after a couple of refreshes or different page views while not logged in.

It is very annoying to people like me who for whatever reason may prefer to browse anonymously until they have something to contribute AND are sitting at a computer from which it is suitable to do so.

I'd appreciate it if you took that message away.

Thank you.

02-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by asaru Quote
Recently the forum has been flashing a "hey lurker why don't you register or log in" message after a couple of refreshes or different page views while not logged in.

It is very annoying to people like me who for whatever reason may prefer to browse anonymously until they have something to contribute AND are sitting at a computer from which it is suitable to do so.

I'd appreciate it if you took that message away.

Thank you.
After you log in and log back out, you won't see the message. Alternatively, click on the [X] link to hide it, or use any skin other than the default red.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Forum Member

Glad I saw this...I was just about to post about it, too. I find the "Hey Lurker" thing pretty creepy. Guess I'll try another 'skin', as sometimes I just want to read posts, and don't want to have to log in/out. Bummer, coz I really like the red and black!
02-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by beebs Quote
Glad I saw this...I was just about to post about it, too. I find the "Hey Lurker" thing pretty creepy. Guess I'll try another 'skin', as sometimes I just want to read posts, and don't want to have to log in/out. Bummer, coz I really like the red and black!
As I mentioned above, if you log in, go to the forum homepage, and log out again, you won't see the notification again, even if you come back and re-open the page later without logging in. Clicking on the X should do the same thing.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: