Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
quoted post covers response

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I wouldn't say so, though a lot of people migrated here from DPR.
Adam. On my computer at least, there is a problem with Forum replies. The quoted passage from the previous post covers the new response. For that reason, your response is not visible. This occurs on other reply posts as well.

02-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pulled into a separate thread so it gets the attention required...

Mike
PF Moderation Team
02-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Pulled into a separate thread so it gets the attention required...

Mike
PF Moderation Team
Thanks Mike.
02-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Adam. On my computer at least, there is a problem with Forum replies. The quoted passage from the previous post covers the new response. For that reason, your response is not visible. This occurs on other reply posts as well.
Not sure what you mean, can you tell me how to reproduce the issue?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This has to be an issue with the browser being used. What are you accessing the forum with, equipment wise, and what browser are you using?
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Browser problem

Tom S. answered the question. I normally use Google Chrome, which apparently creates the problem. I tried MS Explorer, and that problem went away.
02-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Tom S. answered the question. I normally use Google Chrome, which apparently creates the problem. I tried MS Explorer, and that problem went away.
Chrome, IE9, Firefox, Opera, and Safari should all render the site properly. Do you have a screenshot of the issue so that I can investigate it a bit? I have and use all 5 browsers and haven't seen any issues with the modern skin.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Screen shots

Here are couple of photos of the screen showing the problem. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks, though I still can't reproduce it. No clue what could be causing this...

Adam

02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, though I still can't reproduce it. No clue what could be causing this...
FYI:

yesterday only, I got the same Rythercamera buy-from-us exactly as pictured by ivanvernon. I use firefox. Also, today, there are subtle changes in the format of threads I follow. Normally the "post reply," "quote" and "quick reply" appear as white letters against a black bar, but today they appear as red lettering with no bar.
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
FYI:

yesterday only, I got the same Rythercamera buy-from-us exactly as pictured by ivanvernon. I use firefox. Also, today, there are subtle changes in the format of threads I follow. Normally the "post reply," "quote" and "quick reply" appear as white letters against a black bar, but today they appear as red lettering with no bar.
Try a hard refresh using control-F5, that will reload all of the site's CSS files and hopefully bring things back to normal for you. No changes have recently been made to the layout or styling.

Adam

03-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Chrome, IE9, Firefox, Opera, and Safari should all render the site properly. Do you have a screenshot of the issue so that I can investigate it a bit? I have and use all 5 browsers and haven't seen any issues with the modern skin.
I uninstalled Google Chrome and then reinstalled it. This took care of the problem and a couple of other ones as well!
03-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I uninstalled Google Chrome and then reinstalled it. This took care of the problem and a couple of other ones as well!
Great! Was definitely a chrome bug then. Though it could also have had something to do with caching...

Adam