Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Home Page Load Problem

Over the past week or more, I am getting an odd formatting of the Forum home page when it loads on my browser. It is text based and looks more like it is formatted for a mobile device. Once I progress beyond the home page, other pages load as normal with proper graphical layout. I use Chrome as the browser on Win8. I cleared the browser cache but this made no difference. Please see screen dump below. You can see from the URL that it doesn't appear to be picking up the mobile version. Is something related to what the server is dishing up, or something unusual about how my browser is requesting the page? The same result occurs whether I navigate to the home page via a bookmark or manually type in the address.

Attached Images

03-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It happens when the connection is slow or disconnected. Refresh will usually fix the problem =)
03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Try control + f5 whenever that happens.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Tried Ctrl F5, home page still as shown in first post. Also went into Internet Explorer and got the same result (tried Ctrl F5 there also). Once I follow a link to another page, proper formatting returns.

Speedwise, I am using quite a good broadband connection.

03-31-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, over Easter, the home page problem has mysteriously resolved itself.
03-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You had a cache problem. The page loaded and stored in your temporary cache, so when you tried to reload, it reloaded from the cache. At some point, your cache was cleaned out so when you came back to the site, it loaded properly. Depending on your browser settings, the cache may clear whenever you exit the browser, after a set time or when you turn off the computer.

Anyway, glad you are back to normal.