Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Improving access to Lens Clubs threads

On Lens Club and other areas, you have to go to the end of the thread to find the most recent posts. I am not a computer expert, but I am wondering if it would be a good idea to have the individual Lens Club open up with the LATEST instead of the OLDEST post. That would save wear and tear on fingers, keyboard, and mental outlook. It would make it easier to quickly browse through several different Lens Clubs in a shorter period of time, and probably increase the traffic. The only problem is that you would not to get to look at the same photo that a member posted two years ago before paging to the end of the Lens Club to pick up the new threads.

Adam?

ivan

03-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
  1. I think in options you can choose to reverse the order posts are presented in the threads, but that's for all threads
  2. If you click the little down arrow to the left of the thread title you are directed to the first post YOU HAVE NOT YET read. The Forum database keeps track of your last view. That is a really handy feature.
  3. You always have the option to click "Last Page" to the right of the thread title to open at the top of the last Page. The END key moves your focus to the bottom of the page - close enough for me, anyway.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.
03-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
On Lens Club and other areas, you have to go to the end of the thread to find the most recent posts. I am not a computer expert, but I am wondering if it would be a good idea to have the individual Lens Club open up with the LATEST instead of the OLDEST post. That would save wear and tear on fingers, keyboard, and mental outlook. It would make it easier to quickly browse through several different Lens Clubs in a shorter period of time, and probably increase the traffic. The only problem is that you would not to get to look at the same photo that a member posted two years ago before paging to the end of the Lens Club to pick up the new threads.

Adam?

ivan
If you click on the down arrow beside the thread title it'll take to you to the first unread post rather than the latest one.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you click on the down arrow beside the thread title it'll take to you to the first unread post rather than the latest one.
Thanks for both these responses. I will check it out.

03-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Go to My Account-> User Control Panel-> scroll down the left panel to Settings and Options-> Edit Options

Scroll down the right panel to Thread Display Options -> Thread Display Mode and change it to Linear - Newest First

Go to the bottom and Save Changes
03-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
  1. I think in options you can choose to reverse the order posts are presented in the threads, but that's for all threads
  2. If you click the little down arrow to the left of the thread title you are directed to the first post YOU HAVE NOT YET read. The Forum database keeps track of your last view. That is a really handy feature.
  3. You always have the option to click "Last Page" to the right of the thread title to open at the top of the last Page. The END key moves your focus to the bottom of the page - close enough for me, anyway.
Thanks a lot. That and Adam's post got me on the right path.
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
thanks a lot. That and adam's post got me on the right path.