Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Third-Party Lens Review Database: Help Needed!

I've now completed work on the third-party lens database installation, but there's no sense in making it public unless we populate it with some lenses! Once it goes live, however, all users will be able to add new lenses (not only reviews) if any are missing, but for the time-being, I'm looking for a few people to help me upload some lenses to start the database. I currently have categories set up for Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, Quantaray, Vivitar, Voigtlander, and Zenitar. I'd especially appreciate it if those members who have previously e-mailed me lens lists would contribute!

If you are interested in helping, send me a private message and I'll give you all the information needed to access the database, as well as instructions on how to add lenses. Everything can be done right from your browser.

I'm looking forward to opening this database to the public as soon as possible considering the level of interest it's seen in the past months!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's a great idea and with the knowledge on this forum will soon swell to reach its impressive potential.
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a bit of a newbie, I have found the knowledge base very helpful. Adding 3rd party lenses would be great. Maybe can include Sears lenses too (although obviously not as high as a priority as some of the others listed)?
03-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow, Adam. This is great. Must be a lot of effort you have put into this. This forum is really getting bigger to the size I have not imagined from the day I joined in!

03-11-2008, 04:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Adam, Do you have the previous work that was done some months ago by a few others and me? That had all the data on Sigmas and Tamrons. Just needed the pictures and reviews to be added.
The thread is here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/11644-non-pent...s-reviews.html

Last edited by Peter Zack; 03-14-2008 at 04:11 AM.
03-11-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Good on you Adam. I'm sure Peter and Lowell will be amongst the first to help.

Thanks, looking forward to the birth of this db.
03-11-2008, 05:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

It would be nice if you could include an OEM category as well, as there are plenty of those to go around.

03-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've now added a miscellaneous category as well as a section for Vivitar lenses. We've gotten a total of 71 lenses uploaded to the database, and I feel that's a good start, so I'll go ahead and open the database to the public tomorrow!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The database has now gone public! Please visit this thread for more information: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/22761-third-party-lens-...tml#post195670

Adam

Closed Thread