Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Meaning of user's subtitiles

I'm curious how people get their subtitles, and what they mean, exactly.

Some of them are obvious, like "New Member" and "Site Supporter."

But what's the difference between "Senior Member" and "Veteran Member"? How does one distinguish between a "Forum Member" and a "Pentaxian"? And, "Giveaway winner!"? What's that?

Also, why are some usernames bold, and some are red, while others are green? Are all these things automatic, or does the user have some control?

Sorry for all the questions. I wonder about weird things. Thanks in advance!

05-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check out #19 here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/314-forum-usa...-features.html. It discusses User Titles.

As far as I know ...
User names in bold are Site Supporters. Names in green are Loyal Site Supporters. And I believe Loyals have the option to make up their own subtitle.
Also, a giveaway winner is someone who has won a prize in a contest or has made post #2,000,000, etc.

I've wondered about these things, too!
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by all thumbs Quote
I've wondered about these things, too!
Glad to have a partner in curiosity.

That explains most of it. It doesn't say anything about "Veteran Members" or "Junior Members," though. I mostly see those on older posts, so maybe those titles are defunct. Also, the second post in that thread is by a "Senior Member," but he doesn't conform to the requirements listed on that same page (he has 107 posts, but you need between 300 and 999 to be "Senior.") I guess these things have been changed over time, but the old titles stick.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I was supposed to read that page when I signed up...
05-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
...I guess these things have been changed over time, but the old titles stick.

Cobwebs?