Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Image copy and paste does not work anymore?

I can swear that I could copy and paste images into the message editing window. But that is not working anymore. What am I doing wrong?

06-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
I can swear that I could copy and paste images into the message editing window. But that is not working anymore. What am I doing wrong?
Have you switched to a different browser perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have you switched to a different browser perhaps?
Nope. I tried IE, firefox and Chrome on Windows. It did not work on any of those. But I can always upload instead of copy and paste.
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nope. I tried IE, firefox and Chrome on Windows. It did not work on any of those. But I can always upload instead of copy and paste.
That's weird. You can always try embedding the external pic using the image url, though!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's weird. You can always try embedding the external pic using the image url, though!
In order to embed the image you have to host it somewhere else. So I always prefer to upload image to the corresponding forum, so that the message will stay intact with the associated image.

Hope I could convey the problem. A few weeks back I could just copy and paste an image (or its cropped portion from a image editing program) into the message window, and the forum software would automatically upload the pasted image (using javascript?). I did not have to save or upload the corresponding image. PF used to work like, correct? Just want to make sure that I am not confusing PF with some other website I used.
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

In order to embed the image you have to host it somewhere else. So I always prefer to upload image to the corresponding forum, so that the message will stay intact with the associated image.

Hope I could convey the problem. A few weeks back I could just copy and paste an image (or its cropped portion from a image editing program) into the message window, and the forum software would automatically upload the pasted image (using javascript?). I did not have to save or upload the corresponding image. PF used to work like, correct? Just want to make sure that I am not confusing PF with some other website I used.
No, it never worked like that. If you copy and paste am image, it already has to be uploaded somewhere.

Adam

06-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry .. my bad! I am thinking about some other website I used.
06-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sorry .. my bad! I am thinking about some other website I used.
Ha ha - I hate when that happens! With me, it's usually looking for a post and forgetting which site I saw it on.