Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
Image copy and paste does not work anymore?

I can swear that I could copy and paste images into the message editing window. But that is not working anymore. What am I doing wrong?



06-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,191
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
I can swear that I could copy and paste images into the message editing window. But that is not working anymore. What am I doing wrong?
Have you switched to a different browser perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have you switched to a different browser perhaps?
Nope. I tried IE, firefox and Chrome on Windows. It did not work on any of those. But I can always upload instead of copy and paste.
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,191
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
Nope. I tried IE, firefox and Chrome on Windows. It did not work on any of those. But I can always upload instead of copy and paste.
That's weird. You can always try embedding the external pic using the image url, though!


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's weird. You can always try embedding the external pic using the image url, though!
In order to embed the image you have to host it somewhere else. So I always prefer to upload image to the corresponding forum, so that the message will stay intact with the associated image.

Hope I could convey the problem. A few weeks back I could just copy and paste an image (or its cropped portion from a image editing program) into the message window, and the forum software would automatically upload the pasted image (using javascript?). I did not have to save or upload the corresponding image. PF used to work like, correct? Just want to make sure that I am not confusing PF with some other website I used.
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,191
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
In order to embed the image you have to host it somewhere else. So I always prefer to upload image to the corresponding forum, so that the message will stay intact with the associated image.

Hope I could convey the problem. A few weeks back I could just copy and paste an image (or its cropped portion from a image editing program) into the message window, and the forum software would automatically upload the pasted image (using javascript?). I did not have to save or upload the corresponding image. PF used to work like, correct? Just want to make sure that I am not confusing PF with some other website I used.
No, it never worked like that. If you copy and paste am image, it already has to be uploaded somewhere.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
Original Poster
Sorry .. my bad! I am thinking about some other website I used.
06-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,304
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
Sorry .. my bad! I am thinking about some other website I used.
Ha ha - I hate when that happens! With me, it's usually looking for a post and forgetting which site I saw it on.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
copy, copy and paste, paste
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Bug: image insertion in lens reviews does not work top-quark Site Suggestions and Help 1 11-04-2012 12:03 PM
P-TTL does not work correctly with K-5 and Metz 54MZ-4i gomazo55 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 19 03-02-2011 08:26 AM
Any ideas why pentax does not make a 50mm 1.2 anymore? paperbag846 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 24 11-12-2010 04:35 PM
photoshop image cut and paste rustynail925 Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 14 12-06-2009 12:34 AM
built in flash does't work anymore (K100D) shadeless Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 11-15-2007 03:47 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top