Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The attempted buyer apparently made two purchases through Paypal, and due to the amounts, Paypal put a hold on the second purchase which is the one we are discussing. The seller decided they did not want to wait for the buyer to resolve the issue and cancelled the payment, which is their right.

There is/was no cover up, nor is there any reason to further discuss this matter.

06-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
What conclusion would you come up with?
Since the camera was still listed as "for sale" I sure wouldn't have assumed it had been sold to a higher bidder. I would have concluded that I need to contact the seller to ask what was going on. And after they told me that PayPal had placed a hold on the transaction I would have accepted that and contacted PayPal to find out what was going on. I would not have gone off on a tear slandering a seller with a perfect marketplace reputation.

Btw, the rule clarifying the steps you take in a case like this have been clarified and expanded in the Marketplace rules.

Mike
PF Moderation Team
06-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
There may be two sides to the story, but when one side is removed with no explanation, it casts doubt.

Shouldn't the questioned thread be temporarily removed from the Marketplace until the investigation is complete?
There was only one side posted at the time and that is the point. The poster never contacted the moderators either.
Closed Thread