Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-27-2013, 11:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Quoted/Subscription notification

Currently when a notification received about being quoted or a subscribe thread, it's shown in top right corner. When user clicks there, it takes user to an intermediate page (e.g https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php ) and then user again have to click on an appropriate link. This is fine if the user was quoted or got subscription notification from multiple threads. However, if it's from a single thread, it's better to take it directly to that thread instead of landing onto an intermediate page (which is the case most of the time for large number of users). This will make it faster for the users as well as for the backend server.

Thanks

06-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a bad idea. I believe that's how camera enthusiast does it and it works very well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just a reminder....
07-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Implemented. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Implemented.
Thanks Adam but not sure if the implementation is uploaded as it didn't work for me. There was a subscribe thread notification when I clicked on it, it took me to generic page instead of thread.
08-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Right now it's just for quoted posts, not for subscribed threads. I will take a look at the subscribed threads side of things later on.

Adam