Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Add "Lens Sample Photo Archive" to "Lenses" menu

I think the "Lens Sample Photo Archive" is one of the most valuable assets of this forum, yet I find it a bit hard to navigate to.

Should this not be an item in the "Lenses" drop down menu (the one that comes after "Forum" and "Cameras")?

I'd find this item to be more useful than the "Serial Number Database" entry, but surely it could just be added without kicking anything out, could it not?

P.S.: It would be cool if each lens review could link to the respective "Lens Sample Photo Archive" thread, but that's another suggestion and surely a lot of work.

08-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't understand why, other than the number of lenses requires you to page down to see if your lens is already there.

I manage the index, and with the exception of people who upload images to a new thread, without checking that there is a thread already in the archive for the lens is the only issue.

Go to the archive index and see if you have trouble navigating
08-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I don't understand why, other than the number of lenses requires you to page down to see if your lens is already there.
First, thanks for managing the index. It is an awesome resource.

Second, note that I wrote "... hard to navigate to".
Once I found the page you are managing, I'm good.

But finding that page is more complicated than it should be, IMHO, and I fear the archive is not as visible as it could (should) be.

Look at the top of a PF page. There is a menu, right under the banner, that starts with a "home" symbol, than "Cameras", and "Lenses" follow.

I'm suggesting that a pointer to your index page should become an entry in that "Lenses" drop down menu.

Last edited by Class A; 08-04-2013 at 09:08 PM.
06-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I realize that this is an old thread, but I'd like to second this recommendation. Every time I try to find the lens sample archive, I have trouble, and end up doing multiple searches. That's how I found this thread, incidentally.

06-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
I realize that this is an old thread, but I'd like to second this recommendation. Every time I try to find the lens sample archive, I have trouble, and end up doing multiple searches. That's how I found this thread, incidentally.
Can't say no to such a simple request

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thank you very much!