Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 200,000 Post Milestone!

Just a few minutes ago, we passed the 200,000 forum post milestone! I would like to thank all members of the community for making our site what it is today! In less than two years, we've grown from a brand-new Pentax discussion site into the largest English forum dedicated to Pentax. Traffic is currently reaching nearly two million page requests per month!

In celebration of this accomplishment, I'm happy to say that I've increased all users' upload quotas! Below are the new limits:

Registered Users
-Attachments: 2Mb total (up from 1Mb)
-User Photo Gallery: Up to 50 photos total at up to 1.5Mb each (up from 1Mb each)

Site Supporters (those who have donated)
-Attachments: 20Mb total (up from 10Mb)
-User Photo Gallery: Up to 200 photos total at up to 1.5Mb each (up from 1Mb each)
-Profile Pictures: Up to 150Kb (up from 100Kb)

In the near future, I will also be providing a donation option with even higher upload limits. I'm also planning on adding several new features to the forum as well as the photo gallery!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's terrific Adam. This is a great forum. Very, very few people who are a pain in my screen.
03-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
Igilligan

Congrats Adam. You have a great forum here and I look forward to being the 300,000th poster. Get the balloons and flashing lights ready.
And thanks for the increased upload limits, that is a great way to celebrate... More photos.

Thank you.
03-23-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam.

Apart from the users and visitors, this was possible with the constant time and money YOU have given us - without asking for anything in return.

03-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you for the work you put into keeping the site running Adam I have learned alot from all the photographers that post here as I've only had a digital since the k10d came out. I am also glad enough of us are donating to keep ads from the site
03-23-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam you are the best. This has and always will be my favorite site. Things have been busy around home and work so I have slowed a bit but will always be here. Thanks again for building it.
03-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

That's great Adam and like the others, I want to thank you for creating, running and upgrading the site only on donations. That's a hint to those that haven't donated to the site!! It's a great spot to learn and hang out. Btw I got my stickers and now my notebook and both tripods are suitably "updated".

So who hit the 200K post? Is there a prize?

03-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well done Adam ! The new servers are very fast and this is a great site. Kudos !
03-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
That's great Adam and like the others, I want to thank you for creating, running and upgrading the site only on donations. That's a hint to those that haven't donated to the site!! It's a great spot to learn and hang out. Btw I got my stickers and now my notebook and both tripods are suitably "updated".

So who hit the 200K post? Is there a prize?
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words!

The post that showed up as #200,000 on the site was this one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/201776-post.html, but you'll notice that its number is actually 201,776. That's because of post deletions, etc. The system only counts posts that are currently visible on the forum, and not the total number of posts made.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #10

Adam, thank you for the Forum

Congratulation ! ! !
03-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words!

The post that showed up as #200,000 on the site was this one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/201776-post.html, but you'll notice that its number is actually 201,776. That's because of post deletions, etc. The system only counts posts that are currently visible on the forum, and not the total number of posts made.
Good to see it was a post on LBA; I wouldn't want it otherwise!

Thanks for a great site, Adam. It helped me a lot when I was researching my options back before I finally decided on the K10D.

I'd also like to note that if you've only had to delete 0.9% of total posts, it means we're a very civilised lot
03-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #12

A big thankyou and congratulations from me too Adam! Only been a member for a short while but I have gained so much from all the posts and the great folks who populate this forum. Here's looking forward to the 500,000th post!
03-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Congrats and I'm glad to be a part of this community! In fact, together with other local Pentaxians here in the Philippines, we started our own website dedicated to the Filipino Pentaxian. No forums though so as not to steal PentaxForum's thunder!(I prodded some of the other Filipino Pentaxians to join here as well) I admit I got the idea from this site... more power and power to the Pentaxians!
03-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Congratulations

This forum is the best. Thanks
03-30-2008, 12:40 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Adam, thanks for all the effort you put into the site. So many great innovations along the journey and the contents are getting more sophisticated as well.

Plus and minus all the quarrels and cat fights which are not too aggressive and entertaining to browse. This is like a 2nd home.