Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens review uploading problem?

Hi
I have tried a number of times to add a new lens to the DB. 3 pics, 800px x 500px. Each time, on clicking upload, I've got

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Not previously had a problem. Tried in different browsers (FF, chrome), no luck.

wondered if any one else has had a problem....

08-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Do you get the same issue when attaching the files? There could be something wrong with them, try attaching them in this thread.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you get the same issue when attaching the files? There could be something wrong with them, try attaching them in this thread.
Good idea
Attached Images

08-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
dodgy pic??

Yes so one of the pics didn't go through. That must be the issue. I'll look at it a bit more see if I can note a reason...

08-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
try this one...
Attached Images

08-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Photax-paragon 300mm f5 lens successfully entered into DB but with only one pic. Might you be able to place the first two pics above there also (at least the one of the lens front end)...?

Photax-Paragon 300mm f5 Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

cheers Adam
08-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Done! It could be that the original file was simply very big, as I saw an error in the error log saying that the request was dropped due to excessive file size.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Done! It could be that the original file was simply very big, as I saw an error in the error log saying that the request was dropped due to excessive file size.
It would be good to know what the limits are...

Sorry about this but same problem updating the pics for adaptall Z250....

I made a point of keeping the images sub 100k and 1000px didn't seem to help.

Tamron Adaptall 1 80-250mm F3.8 (Z250) Lens Reviews - Tamron Adaptall Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Aha - a thought...

because
tamron - adaptall zoom lenses
isn't in the select list for DB entry, there is automatically a different selection in the form entry. I clicked tamron - legacy zooms

however that i think is why its coming back with "you do not have permission.."
WDYT
Attached Images

Last edited by marcusBMG; 08-27-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: more info
08-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
It would be good to know what the limits are...
The current limit for single files is 40Mb. As long as you're below that, the system will usually scale your files. Above 40Mb, however, your upload request will simply be dropped/ignored by the server.

Adam

08-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The current limit for single files is 40Mb. As long as you're below that, the system will usually scale your files. Above 40Mb, however, your upload request will simply be dropped/ignored by the server.
Thanks for that Adam

Any chance of updating the pics?
08-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for that Adam

Any chance of updating the pics?
I've now uploaded the pics for you. I can't tell you why it's blowing up on your end if the files are under 40Mb- maybe try another browser?

Adam

08-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
adaptall lens listing update triggering "not permitted"

I've now uploaded the pics for you. I can't tell you why it's blowing up on your end if the files are under 40Mb- maybe try another browser?
What I think is happening in this case is this:

In the add new lens form listing, where it asks for the category, the category adaptall isn't listed. Similarly when I tried to update the Z250 adaptall zoom listing, the form auto inserts a different category to adaptall zoom (or I tried to select st like tamron- legacy zoom). Then when I clicked update/submit, the server read it as a change of category for the lens, which then triggered a "not-permitted" response.
08-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

What I think is happening in this case is this:

In the add new lens form listing, where it asks for the category, the category adaptall isn't listed. Similarly when I tried to update the Z250 adaptall zoom listing, the form auto inserts a different category to adaptall zoom (or I tried to select st like tamron- legacy zoom). Then when I clicked update/submit, the server read it as a change of category for the lens, which then triggered a "not-permitted" response.
I actually think that's exactly what's happening, since the adaptall category is closed to new lenses!

Adam

08-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I actually think that's exactly what's happening, since the adaptall category is closed to new lenses!
Indeed.

Is the adaptall category "full"?
08-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Indeed.

Is the adaptall category "full"?
No, we just don't allow user submissions for the sake of consistency. Earlier, someone said that it was complete, but I'm assuming that's probably not the case.

Adam