Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How do I change the asking price in the marketplace forum?

I can't figure out how to change the asking price in the marketplace forum here. When I edit the form, it does reflect the edits, but not in the title and info line below.... i.e. my for sale item still shows up with the old price even though once you click on it and open the actual post it is updated.

Do I need to remove the post every time I want to lower the price and then re-post it???

09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Go to thread, look at box with your name, etc in upper right -- thread title edit links there.
09-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks.

Ok, that was easy enough. Thanks for ending my frustration ... and yes, I am blind :-)
09-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Same thing been asked a lot -- it is non-intuitive (and also only applies to marketplace threads).

09-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Same thing been asked a lot -- it is non-intuitive (and also only applies to marketplace threads).
It does get asked a lot, but I'm not sure why. On the surface a link titled "Modify Thread Title / Price" would seem to be self explanatory. I think people simply overlook it amongst all of the others.
09-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It does get asked a lot, but I'm not sure why. On the surface a link titled "Modify Thread Title / Price" would seem to be self explanatory. I think people simply overlook it amongst all of the others.
It is not intuitive to look for it there at all, or anywhere but the normal "edit post" feature -- why should you have to edit it in two different places? And also that box only exists on marketplace threads...
09-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #7

Original Poster
it's partly a browser issue...

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
for me, this was partly a browser / web issue. that whole part on the upper right corner didn't show up scrolling up and down. I really didn't even know it was there until it was pointed out. and i'd also agree that when there is an edit function in a completely different place, it does make you think the whole thing isn't working right.... especially since when you go and "edit post" you can change the price in the text...