Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Suggestion to publish Ricoh Imaging Deutschland newsletters in German sub forum

Ricoh Imaging Deutschland GmbH sends several times a year newsletters to all registered Pentax users in German speaking countries. Their contents are mostly related to Pentax/Ricoh product news valid for Germany, but they also list dates and locations of exhibitions/trade fairs and workshops in Germany and Austria.

Many of the PS members have bought their Pentax cameras used, so may not have registered with Ricoh/Pentax as a user. That's why I usually open a thread in the German sub forum, quoting parts of a newsletter which may be interesting for other members. Copying the complete newsletter without written consence by the publisher may or may not violate the complicated German copyright laws. Of course I could ask them to provide permittance to publish it in PS, but I think such a procedure should not be linked to a person.

So I ask you whether you could make an arrangement with Ricoh Imaging Deutschland, so you would get this newsletter on a regular base, and are allowed to publish it in the German sub forum.

Most (but not all) of the contents of each letter can be found also on their German website, but not in such an ordered way.

Last edited by RKKS08; 10-12-2013 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Typing
10-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do they offer an RSS feed? If so, I can set things up so that the news update gets automatically posted in the German forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do they offer an RSS feed?
The newsletters are emails in html, but formatted in a way that plain text is still readable and formatted correctly (just pictures and links are missing).

There is no hint of RSS support (would also be quite unusual in an email).
I may ask them whether they allow to publish the newletters in the German sub forum of PF.

And I may open a thread just to suggest owners of Pentax systems to register with Ricoh Imaging Deutschland. Many German buyers of Pentax DSLRs may have done anyway. I am getting 3-5 such mails a year since I registered with Pentax (Hoya) in 2010, and it hasn't increased the rate of spam mail. Quite different to nearly any internet shop where I bought something.
10-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had another look at the HTML version of the newsletter. It offers multiple links to subs of a "newletter" directory of their website. However, this directory seems to be a dummy, just re-directing to their ordinary German site.

And there I can't find any hint they are supporting feeds.

EDIT:
To make sure, I started the "Feed Validator" of my newsreader (GreatNews) to analyse their website.
And it also can't find any hint in their code that they support feeds, neither RSS nor Atom or KML.

Last edited by RKKS08; 10-13-2013 at 02:49 PM.
10-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I just sent them a request through their contact sheet.
Translated to English it says:
QuoteQuote:
Would it be possible to install the newsletter as a RSS feed?
The context of this request is as follows:
As a member of the US American forum Pentaxforums.com I occasionally inform in our German sub forum about parts of the newsletter, if I think it could be interesting for other members.
If the newsletter would be offered as a RSS feed, the admins think it would be possible to have it automatically integrated as a kind of sticky. There may be a lot of Pentax users who have bought their equipment used, and have not registered with you (or do not want to do it).
Regards
Unfortunately they don't offer a way to communicate about such general questions. I had to use a (help) contact sheet for problems with equipment. We'll see whether it will be passed on to the correct addressee.
10-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hopefully they reply. But even if they don't, I guess it would be feasible to share the newsletter manually, if it only comes out once in a while.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: