Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Moving a thread is straight forward, but if it isn't truly a FF thread, then it becomes a question of where it should be. Posts can be turned moved, turned into new threads and merged etc. but takes time from the mods and could result into interfering with ale time.
I personally would never recommend any course of action that might interfere with ale time. We have to have priorities.

10-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
but if it isn't truly a FF thread, then it becomes a question of where it should be.
Yup. As I said in the thread that rbefly referenced, we don't have a "Oh my, here we go again............" forum.
10-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I think the topics have become too predictable....actually a bit boring, on the forums. Why not for a trail period of a month, resurrect the P&R section lets say for two days a month, just so that everyone can get rid of their frustrations once in a while, a sort of no holds barred, free for all, and kiss and make up the rest of the month...
10-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
, a sort of no holds barred, free for all, and kiss and make up the rest of the month...
Can it be tag team, with hot chicks?

10-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
As you wish...I think we can even give all the hard working mods those two days of the month some time off...
10-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Only in the Lounge, and if Rupert buys the booze.
10-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In some ways, I want Pentax to release a full frame camera, just to still the clamor for it. If they released a 3000 dollar full frame camera, at least people could be pointed to it, if they brought up full frame in any context. Not saying that it would make many people truly happy, but at least it would keep every thread from degenerating into the same back and forth argument between people who are (mostly) satisfied with APS-C and the others who believe that they are deceiving themselves.

But the internet being what it is, there always be discontent....

10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #38
Pentaxian

So, is anyone thinking about a Pentax FF camera?
10-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #39
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
In some ways, I want Pentax to release a full frame camera, just to still the clamor for it.
What? You mean they don't already have one? Strange that it hasn't been mentioned on the forums before.........................
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What? You mean they don't already have one? Strange that it hasn't been mentioned on the forums before.........................
My understanding is that Sony is making a camera that will satisfy Pentaxians with a need for full frame. At least that's what I read on the Pentax Forums!
10-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis requested that I post this, and I'm too weak to argue this morning.....he says that naked girls can get minds off of FF and on to something more constructive.

"What about the naked girls, doesn't anyone have any concern for a Naked Girl Forum?" ....Otis.

Regards!
I'm more than a bit concerned that the enthusiasm for a Naked Girl Forum died down so quickly. It suggests that people aren't getting out and taking photos of naked girls as much as they should. Would a FF Pentax make that easier for them? A Hasselblad and a Nikon worked for David Hemmings in 'Blow-Up', but they were film cameras, so maybe we should abandon digital altogether in pursuit of this higher calling (a Pentax worked for Sam Haskins, so all is not lost, clearly).

Maybe, when a FF interloper posts in an otherwise innocent thread, someone should just shout "Naked Girl!" immediately, as a warning to others. It'll distract the conversation for a while, anyway, and it brings up less aggressive thoughts than "Boriscleto!" (no offence intended).
10-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #42

The obvious solution here us for Pentax to finally release the FF spotmatic/sfx styled hybrid viewfinder camera with a 1/1000 sync speed flash we've all been demanding. Because, after all, aren't we entitled to have exactly what we want? :banghead:

Maybe I should start making friends with the report button.
10-26-2013, 03:05 AM - 2 Likes   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Brisboy Quote
The obvious solution here us for Pentax to finally release the FF spotmatic/sfx styled hybrid viewfinder camera with a 1/1000 sync speed flash we've all been demanding. Because, after all, aren't we entitled to have exactly what we want? :banghead:

Maybe I should start making friends with the report button.
It's that sense of entitlement that gets me. Companies make the products that they make. We either like them enough to get them, or we don't. I just don't really get this notion that they somehow *must* produce exactly what any particular person or group of people say they want.

Odd.
10-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Yes, the FF thing can be annoying, especially with so many threads... and also, Adam has a daggum spanking new Nikon forum, and yet there's threads galore about the Retro Nikon, right here at Pentaxforums! And inevitably the Nikon threads turn into Pentax FF threads as well

In order to build traffic on his new site, Adam should move all FF threads to the Nikon forum.
10-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #45
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
In order to build traffic on his new site, Adam should move all FF threads to the Nikon forum.
Closed Thread