Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #1

Etiquette on No-Replies

Anyone ever not get a reply when posting something asking for advice/feedback? What's the etiquette - I thought of replying myself, just to make it show up in "today's posts", but don't want to sound like a whiner ..

03-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is a good question - I would think a bump or two (just add a comment to your own note as a bump) would be perfectly fine. Sometimes there is so much activity people just do not see it. As long as you are polite and not bashing everyone for not helping you - I see no problem with bumping it to the top a couple of times. If after two bumps there are still no responses I would move on though ;-)

Just my $0.02..........dy
03-31-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have seen what Dave describes; "Bump" want to keep this alive notes. Not annoying, and if you post on the weekends, there sometimes is less traffic. My fear is I find myself being the last post in a thread, effectively making me paranoid that I've somehow placed the kiss of death on the topic.
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Feel free to bump your threads with a most if they haven't gotten replies within 24 hours. If you for any reason don't want to make that post (deludel), send me a PM and I'll bump your thread using an admin feature. Thanks!

As for weekend traffic- yes, it tends to be about 15% below the average, which is 80,000 pageviews per day.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by rormeister Quote
I My fear is I find myself being the last post in a thread, effectively making me paranoid that I've somehow placed the kiss of death on the topic.
Hmmmm. I thought I was the only one with this experience......

Now, if no one else posts to this thread, I'll know it's me!

Good to see that I'm not the last one. So, I can't possibly kill this thread.

Last edited by Ed in GA; 04-01-2008 at 07:34 AM.
03-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

nah, i really am the threadkiller... i've been such on a few forums..
04-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

It is usually me that kills a thread.

@OP
Sometimes people just miss a thread - I've done it umpteen times. On the other hand, sometimes people don't have an answer.

04-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
15% down in weekends - so we're all accessing the site from work! Better be careful!
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

im here to add the kiss of death from my own luscious lips

c'mere babeh, kiss meh

muah!