Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentaxium To Be Hosted Here!

As per the discussion with the Pentaxium.com site adminstrators at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=20166214, it has been decided that we will be hosting this month's Pentaxium/Pentax Day here at PentaxForums.com.

I've set up a gallery here to which you can upload your submission. Simply click the upload link on the gallery page, and remember that the camera, lens, country, title and description fields should all the filled out with your submission.

Enjoy, and feel free to post these pics in the "post your photos" forum as well!

Note: You must be logged in to upload. If you have not yet registered and account, please click the "register" link in the navbar above!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-24-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentaxium to be hosted here

Adam, that's great I will certainly post to it. I was having trouble even logging on the Pentaxium site. Way to go.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
09-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
As per the discussion with the Pentaxium.com site adminstrators at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=20166214, it has been decided that we will be hosting this month's Pentaxium/Pentax Day here at PentaxForums.com.

I've set up a gallery here to which you can upload your submission. Simply log in and click the upload link on the gallery page above. The camera, lens, country, title and description fields should all the filled out with your submission.

Enjoy, and feel free to post these pics in the "post your photos" forum as well!
I'd love to upload a photo. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to reduce the file size
09-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you have photoshop, use file>save for web and resize the image to reasonable dimensions.

If not, lower the resolution to 800x534 in any photo editor.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Pentaxium to be hosted here.

I just posted a practice shot for the Pentaxium Gallery and it went very well. This should be a great day.
09-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm surprised there are only 11 pictures so far. Hopefully the word got out and there will be a lot more in the next day or so.
09-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The announcing on pentaxium.com's part wasn't optimal, so yeah, I hope the news does spread...

Adam

09-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Are photos taken slightly late allowable?
09-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
They're supposed to be taken on the 24th, but we can give you a bit of slack due to time-zone differences

Adam

09-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hi Adam,
There are a lot of pentaxers saying that they have missed the day. Not enough notice etc. Especially on the other forum. I've got a couple which I'll put up later. So I think it won't be as popular this time round unfortunatly.
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Perhaps we could allow tomorrow's photos as well?

We really need to get the word to spread- a link from pentaxium.com would also help.

Adam

09-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
Forum Member

The upload link doesn't work for me. I'm on a Mac and have tried with Safari and Firefox.
09-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I browsed the gallery on a Mac yesterday, and everything worked.

What error are you getting?

Adam

09-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I browsed the gallery on a Mac yesterday, and everything worked.

What error are you getting?
Sorry, my bad. Didn't recognize the "Continue" button as the path to follow from the Upload page. I had kept clicking the "Upload" hypertext to no useful end. Now I know better.
09-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dakotapix Quote
Sorry, my bad. Didn't recognize the "Continue" button as the path to follow from the Upload page. I had kept clicking the "Upload" hypertext to no useful end. Now I know better.
Glad it works

Thanks for all the submissions, guys! I'll leave the category open for a while, however, for those that didn't know about this site.

Adam