Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax news and rumors - everything goes there

Every since K20D and K200D are out I noticed a bunch of posts in the "Pentax news and rumors" forum that don't belong there. One can find posts about new software from Adobe, links to reviews, sales from individual shops, buying guides, links to sample pics from existing cameras, complaints about stolen images...etc... Actually there are less than half posts regarding Pentax news or rumors.
The "Pentax news and rumors" became the "Hear me out / everything goes" forum. I think moderators should start moving posts out of there or change the title of that forum.

04-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you see misplaced threads, please report them using the report feature, as it's nearly impossible for the moderators and me to check every forum daily!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah, it's the little red flag below avatar. Will do.
04-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just took care of your reported threads- FYI, 3 of those that you reported were actually not misplaced. I moved the other two.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One last question. How come the following thread is in the right place (in the Pentax news and rumors)?

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
ISO 800: 40D vs A700 and K20D: Canon EOS 40D/30D/20D/10D Forum: Digital Photography Review

I can't believe that people are stretching the fair use laws to support this guy. I'm downright enraged at this point. I'm going to knock on some doors if it doesn't get pulled quickly enough.

So out of context and so not cool.

ARGH!
04-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #6
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
One last question. How come the following thread is in the right place (in the Pentax news and rumors)?
Because, it's his forum. If he thinks it's in the right place, then it's in the right place.

Sheesh! Self-appointed forum police are very annoying.
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hmm... OK
I'd still like to hear it from Adam even if he says "because I said so"
04-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
hmm... OK
I'd still like to hear it from Adam even if he says "because I said so"
Because it's a rant/rumor thread Part of the reason I made the Official News forum was that we needed a section for exactly such threads.

Adam