Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Site Organization

Overall, since joining and reading the forums daily, I enjoy and get a lot out of this site. I think it would be helpful to me as Pentax has recently added 2 more cameras to their lineup, to have a sub forums of the Pentax DSLR discussion to address the individual models specifically, like a K200D sub forum, K20D, K10D, etc.. then it would be easier to keep track of what's going on with a specific camera, it would be easier for me to do more specific searches.

It'd be nice also to have a few more stickies, related to newbies, or new to a specific camera newbies (like me) where some of the most frequently asked and searched questions can go for easier find. I.E. using older Manual lenses on K10, K20 Bodies. I did do a search, but I searched for a long time using different words and phrasing until I found what I was looking for. Perhaps a sticky in the processing forum listing the software currently capable of handling PEF Raw or even DNG Raw files.

Thanks for the site!

04-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by augustmoon Quote
Overall, since joining and reading the forums daily, I enjoy and get a lot out of this site. I think it would be helpful to me as Pentax has recently added 2 more cameras to their lineup, to have a sub forums of the Pentax DSLR discussion to address the individual models specifically, like a K200D sub forum, K20D, K10D, etc.. then it would be easier to keep track of what's going on with a specific camera, it would be easier for me to do more specific searches.
Once we're through with the upgrade to vBulletin 3.7, and countless hours have been spent rebuilding site features, I'll strongly consider your suggestion. The site has been growing so quickly over the past few months that I definitely think we have enough users for three new separate sub-forums (*ist series, K100D series and K200D, K10D and K20D).

QuoteOriginally posted by augustmoon Quote
It'd be nice also to have a few more stickies, related to newbies, or new to a specific camera newbies (like me) where some of the most frequently asked and searched questions can go for easier find. I.E. using older Manual lenses on K10, K20 Bodies. I did do a search, but I searched for a long time using different words and phrasing until I found what I was looking for. Perhaps a sticky in the processing forum listing the software currently capable of handling PEF Raw or even DNG Raw files.

Thanks for the site!
I'm always open to suggestions for stickies, so please drop me a PM if you come across any threads that you find particularly useful!

The resource called the Pentax Photography Knowledge Base - PentaxForums.com is what I intended to be a database of FAQs for new users and those seeking easy access to help, but it just hasn't been worked on quite enough. Maybe in the future users will expand it to its full potential.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Once we're through with the upgrade to vBulletin 3.7, and countless hours have been spent rebuilding site features, I'll strongly consider your suggestion. The site has been growing so quickly over the past few months that I definitely think we have enough users for three new separate sub-forums (*ist series, K100D series and K200D, K10D and K20D).

I'm always open to suggestions for stickies, so please drop me a PM if you come across any threads that you find particularly useful!

The resource called the Pentax Photography Knowledge Base - PentaxForums.com is what I intended to be a database of FAQs for new users and those seeking easy access to help, but it just hasn't been worked on quite enough. Maybe in the future users will expand it to its full potential.
I'm not necessarily new to photography or this forum, but I've only used it sporadically over the last few years because I had a grandson and have been concentrating more on videography, until recently. Like some of the other people, I would find it helpful if there was a sub-forum for the K10D. I don't know if this model was a minor one that has become an "orphan", or if not enough people own or care about it, but I'd like to see posts dedicated to it. I've tried to search on topics related to the K10D, but find them bunched together with everything else. If I knew enough about the other models, I might be able to zero in on one of the other sub-forums for info about the K10D, I guess. If you're still answering questions from this thread, what suggestions do you have to find info about the K10D? Thanks.
12-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K10D can be discussed in this section:
Pentax DSLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

You might also want to join this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/242738-k10d-club.html

Camera-specific forums are something we started rather recently, and we only plan to have them around for the most popular/current models, in order to reduce clutter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: