Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Welcome to Bossa.. new member?

I tried posting to a thread a few hours ago only to be told by the system that I needed to activate my forum membership before I could make a post. I had to go through the process of email confirmation and was subsequently welcomed to the forum via PM's and emails.

Truly weird as I've been a member for awhile now judging by the number of posts I have next to my name.

11-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I tried posting to a thread a few hours ago only to be told by the system that I needed to activate my forum membership before I could make a post. I had to go through the process of email confirmation and was subsequently welcomed to the forum via PM's and emails.

Truly weird as I've been a member for awhile now judging by the number of posts I have next to my name.
Please check your e-mail account, as an e-mail that we sent to you today bounced back as undeliverable. If this was just a temporary error, then you should be fine after you re-activate your forum account.

We disable accounts with invalid e-mails to reduce the load on our e-mail server and maintain the integrity of our IP.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. I have no idea why my email would have bounced apart from a possible server issue. I have been having a hellish time with the quality of service my ISP is offering lately and am considering moving to a new provider,
11-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I've also had this issue and other emails have gone through with no problems.

11-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Lots of users have been reporting issues with yahoo e-mail accounts lately. I guess their service is not the most stable one around...

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Lots of users have been reporting issues with yahoo e-mail accounts lately. I guess their service is not the most stable one around...
Actually my yahoo account is far more stable than my iCloud one which I have been working unsuccessfully on for 6 months. There have been absolutely zero referrals from my yahoo accounts. I have had to have business emails sent to my personal yahoo account rather than my iCloud one which apple thinks is full, yet am only using it for email and has used only 5% of the capacity. I have been dealing directly with Apple's UK MD on it. Still getting nowhere. I highly doubt that yahoo is the problem here.
11-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've also had a recent message of a bounced email and my address is not a yahoo account but is a .com.au address which I have never before had any trouble with.
Glenn

11-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
I've also had a recent message of a bounced email and my address is not a yahoo account but is a .com.au address which I have never before had any trouble with.
Glenn
It looks like your e-mail is blocking thread notifications based on some sort of keyword filter. It doesn't seem to like the "Gear P0rn" thread

Adam

11-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Getting tired of this process

I'm getting regular messages saying my account is deactivated due to email issues but my email is working just fine.

It's rather inconvenient and disruptive.
11-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm getting regular messages saying my account is deactivated due to email issues but my email is working just fine.

It's rather inconvenient and disruptive.
I'm going to tweak the system so that your PM inbox doesn't get spammed. However, it's important that the e-mail address you use on the forum is valid: either that, or simply unsubscribe from any e-mails that you're not interested in so as to reduce the likelihood of the bounce. I realize that bounces aren't usually the user's fault, but certain e-mail services more unreliable than others.

Adam

11-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My email address is the same one I've used since joining PF. I have had a number of problems connecting to the forum lately, but I put that down to some problems with the net in general, as, quite often, I have to force the URL to reload when it times out. I wonder if this is somehow related to the email issue?
11-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

My email address is the same one I've used since joining PF. I have had a number of problems connecting to the forum lately, but I put that down to some problems with the net in general, as, quite often, I have to force the URL to reload when it times out. I wonder if this is somehow related to the email issue?
Those two issues aren't related, as the e-mail bouncing is due to policies / hardware on your e-mail provider's end.

As for connectivity problems: our server has actually recently been patched and all known issues have been fixed, so any errors you might see are most likely on your end.

Adam

11-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I've had similar problems recently (as Adam knows).
We had to get my system to "whitelist" the PF IP addresses.