Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Quoting

In the past, when a user quoted one of my posts, I would have a notification in with my subscribed threads. I am no longer getting these notifications and I greatly miss them. They were nice for when you did not want to follow a thread, but would like to reply to something if called upon.

Is this a glitch or was this feature done away with?

12-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I still get notices. The quote must include your screen name , or an added @ScreenName, for you to get a notification.
12-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
The quote must include your screen name , or an added @ScreenName, for you to get a notification. You should have gotten one for this post, but not the first one.
12-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the past, when a user quoted one of my posts, I would have a notification in with my subscribed threads. I am no longer getting these notifications and I greatly miss them. They were nice for when you did not want to follow a thread, but would like to reply to something if called upon.

Is this a glitch or was this feature done away with?
Have you perhaps checked the "Disable Enhanced Notifications" checkbox on the options page?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The quote must include your screen name , or an added @ScreenName, for you to get a notification. You should have gotten one for this post, but not the first one.
I indeed did get a notification about this, but I did not get one from Adam's post.

When I look back at the other quotes from people in different threads, they all have my username right in there, just like the above quotes. But yet no notification. The last notification I got was 3 days ago and I know I have been quoted a few times by different users since then.

I also have not disabled the enhanced notifications option.

this is strange
12-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I indeed did get a notification about this, but I did not get one from Adam's post.

When I look back at the other quotes from people in different threads, they all have my username right in there, just like the above quotes. But yet no notification. The last notification I got was 3 days ago and I know I have been quoted a few times by different users since then.

I also have not disabled the enhanced notifications option.

this is strange
If you're also subscribed to the thread, clicking on the subscribed thread notification will clear the quote notification. However, all the quoted posts should appear in this list regardless of which notifications you click on:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/usercp.php#wqm

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you're also subscribed to the thread, clicking on the subscribed thread notification will clear the quote notification. However, all the quoted posts should appear in this list regardless of which notifications you click on:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/usercp.php#wqm
Yeah, the quoted posts over the last few days definitely don't show up on the list of my quoted posts.