Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #1

February Giveaway Tracker Incorrectly Counting

I've tried to figure out if this is an issue or not, but I can't find an explanation for it other than this is an error.
The February Giveaway tracker seems to not be counting many of my posts. Today I have made 14 posts, I can see that in the "my posts" section, and it only counts me having 6. I don't believe this is just an issue of it needing time to refresh, because I passed 6 posts 2 hours ago. Also, yesterday it would update almost instantly. I hope I'm not just missing some random rule that I didn't see. I am only at 14 posts today so it can't be the needing 1 vote per 5 posts rule after 20 posts. If I'm just missing something, let me know. I don't see a way that this isn't just an issue. I'm trying to get a raffle entry every day to increase my chances of winning.

02-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like you made a number of posts in the welcomes and introductions forum, which doesn't count for the giveaway. Here's the full list of excluded forums:

• Welcomes and Introductions
  • Marketplace (for sale, wanted, archives, ask B&H)
  • Pentax Full-Frame
  • Monthly Photo Contests (and sub-forums)
  • General Talk
  • Site Suggestions
  • International Forums
  • Any non-public or privileged forum

Read more at: Daily Prize Giveaway in February - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com

The tracker shows real-time data- it's not cached or anything like that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ah thank you so much. That clarifies it a lot. I thought it would be something like that.
02-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What is meant by general talk? I have made 10 posts today and it only says I've made three. I'm still confused..

02-03-2014, 01:24 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ausmoose Quote
What is meant by general talk? I have made 10 posts today and it only says I've made three. I'm still confused..
I'm seeing 9 posts in the tracker, and you're in the lead for today!

This is general talk:
General Talk - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-03-2014, 01:25 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

General Talk refers to the section of the boards entitled as such.
02-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Ok, so if I post a photo or if someone else does and I comment, this wouldn't be general talk and therefore should count in the contest?

EDIT - ok that's strange now my count's up to 10 and I don't think I've posted that much since I said I was up to 3!! Maybe some of my previous posts today did count and just hadn't shown up in the count yet?
02-03-2014, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This section: General Talk - PentaxForums.com is General Talk. Any post in this section will not count. So, if you post a picture here, no, it wouldn't count. Or if you comment on something in that section, it doesn't count.

02-03-2014, 02:12 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm seeing 9 posts in the tracker, and you're in the lead for today!

This is general talk:
General Talk - PentaxForums.com
Yeah, at the point of my first post on this page my count was 3

Soon I'll be going to sleep for the night because of different time zones and then everyone will overtake me By the time I get home for the day tomorrow it will be day 4.
02-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I work night shift, so I am up at odd hours & sleeping during the work day. (In the US.) I am in the same US central time zone that is the offficial time for the contest. Since I'm always up at midnight, it's easy for me to see where I stand at the daily close of the contest.
02-03-2014, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I work night shift, so I am up at odd hours & sleeping during the work day. (In the US.) I am in the same US central time zone that is the offficial time for the contest. Since I'm always up at midnight, it's easy for me to see where I stand at the daily close of the contest.
Well, you've been doing well! 2 out of two wins is awesome! Looks like the night shift is working in your favour.
02-03-2014, 02:28 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, you've been doing well! 2 out of two wins is awesome! Looks like the night shift is working in your favour.
One person can only win three of the daily prizes though. So pretty shortly, that won't matter as much.
02-03-2014, 02:36 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
One person can only win three of the daily prizes though. So pretty shortly, that won't matter as much.
Three is still really great though.
02-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Three is still really great though.
True. For once, my wacky schedule is working in my favor.
02-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It looks like you made a number of posts in the welcomes and introductions forum, which doesn't count for the giveaway. Here's the full list of excluded forums:

• Welcomes and Introductions
  • Marketplace (for sale, wanted, archives, ask B&H)
  • Pentax Full-Frame
  • Monthly Photo Contests (and sub-forums)
  • General Talk
  • Site Suggestions
  • International Forums
  • Any non-public or privileged forum

Read more at: Daily Prize Giveaway in February - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com

The tracker shows real-time data- it's not cached or anything like that.
Except for the last two, I fail to see why the others are excluded...you have enough traffic there and are trying to drive some to the others? The more I think about it the more I think this whole idea is futile in the long run....