Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
too many characters

9 lines of text in a post and it says I've got 246915 characters so it wont submit...What's happening ?

02-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Must be some really long lines! I don't think I've actually seen a post be turned down because of length before. Do you think some stray material came off your clipboard or something like that?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Must be some really long lines! I don't think I've actually seen a post be turned down because of length before. Do you think some stray material came off your clipboard or something like that?
I thought that too so I cut the text and tried a new thread but still got the same error.
I've still got the original one on another page (firefox). Can I right click or something to check for anything in particular ?

Actually, to correct myself, it was 9 lines of text plus a small photo (181 KB) I dragged into it but now, even without the photo gives the error.

Last edited by chromo; 02-03-2014 at 12:06 AM.
02-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well, it's got to be something, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten that notice. Maybe that image somehow got represented as a text string? Whatever it is, you've made me curious!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK then I'll try something else.
I'll start with one line then add the rest of the lines one at a time via edit and see if and when the error occurs.
02-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well that didn't find the problem cos the post went through this time. lol
04-27-2014, 05:28 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
Well that didn't find the problem cos the post went through this time. lol
When posting a shout in Pentax K-3 photo contest I got same error.
I too tried to embed my photo right in the shout. For a split of a second, when firefox was posting my shout into forum, I saw my picture turned into a long character string. So, I guess the problem is related to embeding pictures right into posts, without [IMG] tags...

04-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by danutFitiu Quote
When posting a shout in Pentax K-3 photo contest I got same error.
I too tried to embed my photo right in the shout. For a split of a second, when firefox was posting my shout into forum, I saw my picture turned into a long character string. So, I guess the problem is related to embeding pictures right into posts, without [IMG] tags...
Ah, it could be- if you just drag and drop a really large file. That's not supported at the moment.

Adam