Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What happened this morning.

All of a sudden I had 25 notifications, all 'New Subscribed Threads.' I checked the first ten and some are weeks old and I've already seen them. Do I need to click on all of them to get rid of them again?

02-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a similar problem this morning. I still have notifications I don't know what for. Oh well....
02-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A lot of my old threads came to life today. Probably an unintended consequence of web site programming, tinkering around to find winners with the most likes and posts (for prizes).

Good think Adam and co. are not in charge of the US nuclear arsenal.
02-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
All of a sudden I had 25 notifications, all 'New Subscribed Threads.' I checked the first ten and some are weeks old and I've already seen them. Do I need to click on all of them to get rid of them again?
There is a button just above the list that allows you to mark them as read. I still haven't been able to get them off the visible list without unsubscribing from all the posts which will also unsubscribe me from my current posts which I don't want.

02-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A bug was flagged in the way that the clear notifications for one section was clearing them for all sections so Adam has been in debugging mode. I suspect the odd behavior your are seeing is connected to this.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/252474-question-n...t-removed.html
02-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

This is perhaps a malfunction of a component, or components of the forum and is possibly hardware and/or software related.

I hope that clears it up.

Sorry. I'm sure Adam will be along presently and post something that is actually helpful.
02-25-2014, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #7
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This is perhaps a malfunction of a component, or components of the forum and is possibly hardware and/or software related. I hope that clears it up. Sorry. I'm sure Adam will be along presently and post something that is actually helpful.
Sounds like an in focus photograph of a lens cap still attached to a lens - technically correct but for the most part useless

02-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
There is a button just above the list that allows you to mark them as read.
It is marked 'Clear Notifications' and it worked. Thx.
02-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The reason you're seeing so many new notifications is that I've updated the system to be able to store notifications for a longer while. Any thread between 7 and 30 days old will unfortunately show up as new until you mark the forums as read or click into each one, as the old records in the database only went back 7 days.

Here's the link to clear your notifications:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&days...=all&src=clear

But even if you don't do anything, this issue will resolve itself fully in 3 weeks when the database will be fully populated with last-read information for the past 30 days.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #10

When I log in, I see I have 2 notifications. I used to be able to just click on the "Your Notifications" and see them, but no longer. It sends me into the User Control Panel, and I can't find anything in the User Control Panel about notifications.

Can this be fixed?
02-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

That sounds like a Javascript/browser issue. First, make sure Javascript is enabled. Then try closing your browser and deleting the cache.
02-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That sounds like a Javascript/browser issue. First, make sure Javascript is enabled. Then try closing your browser and deleting the cache.
That worked, thank you.