Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
PM restrictions for a new user including site supporters

Do you think it is beneficial to put PM restrictions on new members including site supporters till they reach some post count.

Just to avoid some scammers who joins forum just to spam and scam. I reported one such possible scam today.

04-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Do you think it is beneficial to put PM restrictions on new members including site supporters till they reach some post count.

Just to avoid some scammers who joins forum just to spam and scam. I reported one such possible scam today.
We already have such restrictions, though it's rare to see a spammer sign up and pay us to be banned

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
I reported one such possible scam today.
Damn! I hope that wasn't Otis again? It wasn't about buying a trainload of peanuts, was it?

Regards!
04-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Otis is sitting in my deer feeder, pigging out on shelled corn.

04-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Where is my bird Glottis? The dead critters are piling up around here.