Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Contest Forum or Photography Forum?

Hello All,
This suggestion may annoy some, but here goes;
Next time there's a giveaway contest, allow some type of '1 click' bypass for anyone who doesn't want 19 out of 25 'New Posts' entries to be contest submissions.
A way to opt out of scrolling past 80% contest entries, while browsing the Forum for anything else photographic, Pentax-related or new. Like myself and I'm sure, many others do, whether there's a contest going on or not.
I'm not against contests in general, or even asking for an additional click for those who wish to SEE the entries listed;
Just an additional click for those who don't.
The K-3 giveaway is great and very popular so far. When I want to go there, I do, partly because I'm interested and also because B+H supports this site and I support them for their excellent service and contributions here.
And I'll vote, too. As fairly as I can, when I can.
All the rest of the time, I'd prefer a non-contest 'New Posts' option.
JMO,
Ron

04-29-2014, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's a new posts link that excludes the contest posts:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=140,141,142,143,144,145,146,174

You can also add the entire contest forum to your ignore list in the user cp.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the link, Adam. I'm grateful for the contest and the interest it provides, but this gives me an option.
I appreciate your quick response!
Ron