Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2014, 09:49 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PF is looking for writers - get paid by blogging for us!

Love blogging and want to get paid for it? We are currently looking for homepage staff writers to regularly contribute original photographic articles and short reviews, post Pentax and photo industry news stories, and also handle occasional site announcements. As a writer, you would can take on article assignments, or suggest and execute your own article ideas.

The writers that we are looking for won't be tasked with in-depth equipment reviews. Our homepage articles are typically short: up to 1500 words. Here are some examples of the length and quality that we expect:
Requirements:
  • Strong background in photography
  • Familiarity with Pentax cameras and lenses
  • Basic knowledge of HTML
  • Good English writing style/grammar
  • Ability to work independently
Other preferred qualifications:
  • Passion for photography
  • Familiarity with other camera brands
  • Familiarity with photography accessories
  • Past writing and/or blogging experience

We prefer US-based candidates as this allows us to more easily send out demo equipment, but applicants from all countries are welcome.

If you're interested in applying for one of the two positions, please send me a private message with the following:

1. Why are you interested in being a writer for PentaxForums.com?
2. Your experience with Pentax equipment and photography in general
3. Your experience with other brands
4. Your current equipment
5. Location & availability

We aim to compensate all writers fairly based on the amount and quality of work submitted. However, as we maintain our homepage as a community resource rather than for profit, successful writers should carry the same philosophy and a passion for the Pentax brand to help make their content stand out.

Please only apply if you're able to regularly contribute at least one article per month. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
(you must have a forum account to be able to apply, if you don't have an account yet, register here)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-20-2014, 10:51 PM - 3 Likes   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Requirements:
  • Native English speaker
Sigh.......
05-20-2014, 10:54 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I ENGLISH GOOD SPEAK! Good luck, I hope you get a couple of excellent writers.
05-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

A great idea, and something I'd love to have a go at.

Unfortunately, I simply don't care/know enough about new cameras/gear to be any good at the review part.

And I don't think I have enough material in me to write any more than a few articles on my own viewpoints (and that of course, assumes people actually want to read them, which I doubt!)

Good luck in finding a writer, it sounds like a lovely opportunity for somebody willing to put in the time and effort.

05-21-2014, 02:17 AM - 2 Likes   #5

Native English mandatory stinks
05-21-2014, 02:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I speak Australian English which is much closer to UK English than US English!

'Tis a pity I know nothing about photography.

Also, I've never read a blog so I don't really know what they are.
05-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #7

I have friend in Melbourne, and we call her correctly "the best" but in Melbourne on cake was written "Da Best"

05-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zorglub Quote
i english good speak!
Aj spik gud ingliš es uel!
05-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Aj spik gud ingliš es uel!
ju olso spik ingliš da ne povjerujes
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
Well, sigh, I don't speak english natively nor do I live in the US...

*sings random emo song*
05-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Oh wow, even one article that I wrote in it. Well I can write and I do have time, but takes sometimes a little longer for good english
06-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just a quick update: I've brought several new staff writers on board, but if you think it has what it takes and you're interested in writing for us, please don't hesitate to shoot an application my way.

Expect some exciting homepage content in the weeks to come!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #13

I hope you will find good people.. I am still developing my writing skills on my own blog.
06-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I also can write and am conveniently unemployed. I used to guest blog for Hin, but never got paid. I will PM you later this weekend.

Steve
03-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've updated the first post as we are currently looking for more contributors. Please send me a PM if you're interested in blogging about Pentax gear and photo-related topics.

Adam