Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
World Pentax Day help thread

If you took photos on World Pentax Day but have had trouble uploading, please feel free to ask for help in this thread.

Quick links:
WPD gallery for this month - World Pentax Day: July 11-13, 2014 - Pentax User Photo Gallery
Upload link - Pentax Forums Home - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Here are a few FAQ's:

Q: The system tells me that my photo is too large
A: The WPD gallery only supports photos up to 1.5Mb. A good idea is to scale your photos to 1000px on the long end: that will almost certainly guarantee that they're within limits. Use photoshop, lightroom, GIMP, picassa, etc. to scale your photos.

Q: I took my photo between July 11-13, but the system says the date is invalid.
A: The date in your photos' EXIF has to be 7/11, 7/12, or 7/13. If your camera's clock was off, either update your photo's EXIF (In windows, you can change the date by right-clicking a file, selecting "properties", then the details tab, then look for the date and modify it accordingly. You can also edit the date using free software such as EXIFTool, etc.), or strip the EXIF entirely.

Q: I scanned my photo, and the system is rejecting it as a non-Pentax photo, or it says the date is invalid.
A: The easiest way to fix this problem is to strip all EXIF from your photo. You can also change the date using the method above.

Q: The system is telling my that I cannot upload any more files
A: You may only upload up to 5 photos for this event. Or, you could have reached your global quota, which can be increased by donating.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I uploaded my photos, why is the colour is so blah so washed out on this site... compare to what I post in Google+ ?https://plus.google.com/u/0/106010767597397782147/posts/fbUz2RMnDM9?
07-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's probably a color space issue in the scaled files. However, the original looks fine to me:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/60210/1_Sunset_Dock-2.jpg

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's probably a color space issue in the scaled files. However, the original looks fine to me:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/60210/1_Sunset_Dock-2.jpg
Hmm... Same goes with the other uploaded previous photos too...Oh well just letting you know... Thanks