Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Forum Member

New pentaxforums website design?

Managed to sneak into new website somehow.
Nice, clean and trendy. Clearly lots of thoughts went in.

Only thing I don't like is that it follows trend of vertically loooooooong website, prominent these days.
Some might like, but I get tired of wheeling down after one screen.... (yet I'm only in late 20s :S)

>> Pentax Forums - The Ultimate Resource for Everything Pentax

Looking forward to see newly updated official website soon!

08-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The new front page looks like it follows standard, well thought out, design conventions and appears to be a genuine, honest to goodness, improvement. It's clear and easy to get an overview of what's what without jumping through clever design hoops. Nice. I hope the rest of the new site will follow suit.

An aside:
I am never a fan of updating a website unless it is a genuine improvement. Most of what I see in this respect is the mark of people who want to impress the world with their ability to build a website, be clever about it, and "leave their mark" in the world of web design. The problem is there are very very few people in this world who are actually clever. What ends up happening is a clumsy attempt to reinvent the wheel and force people into a "new way of thinking" about how to navigates a forum or website. The worst is when it becomes an attempt to disguise monetization, personal data mining, and copyright exploitation via "creative commons".
08-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Squirrels like it, according to Otis. If squirrels like it what else can really matter? Of course, squirrels love anything that when opened is full of nuts!

Regards!
08-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam asked for feedback on the preview here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/270612-homepage-gett...-feedback.html

08-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have mix feelings about it. Too much scrolling. Too much information cramped into one space.

Also it might just be me but it looks like an advertising page. Which I guess a frontpage is, but........

Anyway I guess I will get used to it. Thanks Adam.
08-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thought for sure I had inadvertently wandered over to a Ricoh site
08-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
It looks like I'll have to be site supporter to participate on feedback.

Well, at least there's clear progress and Adam's willing to listen for feedbacks! That's a good sign, I think.

08-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
More modern less practical. it's made for tablets.