Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lens Clubs vs. Lens Samples?

What is the difference between the Lens Club forum and the Lens Sample forum? They seem to achieve the same end result and that is a collection of images taken with a particular lens.

09-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To me, the Lens Sample forum should be a showcase of the technical abilities of the lens, and people should link full size images for reference. This way it would have less images and more specific images (images showing how sharp the lens is, or how it handles vs flare, etc).

Whereas a Lens Club thread should allow for artistic or not so perfect images, where the lens may not be set to perfect focus etc - but the image is compelling and draws users to see what the lens allows you to do.

But that will still allow cross posting ;x
09-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The only Lens Clubs I participate in are non-lens specific. So for specific lenses I post to the Sample Archive. Clubs also allow for discussion, personally I feel the Sample Archive should avoid that.
09-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most of the lens clubs aren't specific to one lens but several, like the "Fisheye Fever Club", the "DA* Club", the "Takumar Club", etc. There are a few lens specific clubs like the DA 15 Mind Control Club but most cover a group of lenses.