Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Posting image in more than one forum?

I cannot post an image in more than one forum, is this policy; or is there something I'm doing wrong?

11-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you referring to an attached image? If so you need to link to it to post in more than one place. Just find the image in your attachments and copy the address then just link to it in successive posts as if it were on flikr, etc.

Last edited by Parallax; 11-20-2014 at 11:25 AM.
11-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All your previous attachments are listed here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editattachments

Or, you can just copy-and-paste the location of the image in your original thread

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Parallax & Adam; but I don't see any way to copy/paste/link to the post containing the image.

11-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Thanks Parallax & Adam; but I don't see any way to copy/paste/link to the post containing the image.
The post number (i.e. the #5 in this post) contains a direct link to the post itself. However, what you're looking for is most likely the URL to the uploaded image, which can be obtained by right-clicking it.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, I'll just skip it; as I really don't want to use just a link; rather post the image. When I right-click on my image all I get is:

View image
copy image
copy image location
save as
email image
set as desktop
view image info
Inspect Element

No URL address.

Thanks anyway. (BTW, all my images are stored on my computer using Windows)
11-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You won't be posting just a link. The picture will show. Just select Copy Image Location. Go to the post you want to add the picture to, click the Insert Photo icon and paste the image location into the box that pops up. The picture will show in that post as well as in the original.

11-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks! Sorry I'm so slow on computer stuff, I'm self-taught, so that's not saying much for the teacher!
01-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You won't be posting just a link. The picture will show. Just select Copy Image Location. Go to the post you want to add the picture to, click the Insert Photo icon and paste the image location into the box that pops up. The picture will show in that post as well as in the original.
I've just tried this again, and nothing shows up here in my reply. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!!!
01-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Trying again!

When I put in the address in the box, a faint image box shows up in my reply; however when I go ahead & post, nothing shows up!
01-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's because you pasted this URL:

[IMG]http://https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/251696d1420169655-k10d-club-004-large-.jpg[/IMG]

It should be:

[IMG]https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/251696d1420169655-k10d-club-004-large-.jpg[/IMG]

Which gives you:

Adam

01-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ahhh, It appears I should have removed the http:// that appears in the box where one puts the link!

Thanks again Adam!