Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Can't rape the willing.

Maybe not, but with every bank being nearly identical when it comes to service charges and the ridiculous fees they keep coming up with, soon the only alternative will be to not use a bank at all, which is becoming increasingly harder to do.

05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd been using paypal for many years until last year. They kinda don't trust us foreigners any more. Many times we can't even make payment by using credit cards even after we've confirmed it (and added another, and another ...) long time ago Plus its ridiculous fees, I canceled my paypal account last year. But seems there isn't many choic but paypal or google checkout for online transaction, I had to register a paypal account again.

If a seller only accept MO or check, it's almost like saying: no sale to foreigners.

I wish google checkout allows sellers from out of north america ...
05-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the feedback!

I'm gonna check into Google Checkout and Alert Pay. Alert Pay allows foreign funding it looks like. They look fairly sturdy and secure too...
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Paypal has an e-check feature, which takes a little over a week to clear but it doesn't incur a fee for either party. If the seller is willing to wait a week, this method has worked for me.

But that week where hundreds were taken from my bank and I didn't have a camera to show for it was very long indeed. I wasn't concerned about the seller (since he was from this forum and had a good history), instead I was eager to get the product.
as receiver, i recently got an e-check and incurred a fee. :thumbs down: