Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Too many Post your photos

There are way too many Post your photo threads on this website. It's like getting out of control...

11-27-2014, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

ummm what?

Its a photography forum... thats what its for: asking questions and posting photos....
11-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Many people post one photo in a thread, then another photo of the same type in a another thread, etc., so it spreads them out too much.

Another (now defunct) forum, posters has better habits of putting the same type of photos in the same thread.

Critique requests should have one photo per post. PYPs, not.

So yes, you are both right.
11-27-2014, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

What do you expect on a photography forum? If you don't like those kinds of threads then they can be avoided.

11-27-2014, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

just ignore the post your photos threads, for me (and many) I think what draws us hear (and back if we leave) is the camaraderie of the photo posting areas
11-27-2014, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
There are way too many Post your photo threads on this website. It's like getting out of control...

Part of the reason I come here is for discussion amongst many like minded (and sometimes not like minded) people. To ask questions and to bounce ideas around. I also come here to look at the photos others put up. I actually LIKE DOING THAT.

Some people are MUCH better photographers than I am, and others are not nearly as good. I try to constructively help the one and learn from the other....

But that's just me.
11-27-2014, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

As others have said, if you find the number of photo threads overwhelming, you can actually ignore the entire PYP forum via the user cp options page

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2014, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As others have said, if you find the number of photo threads overwhelming, you can actually ignore the entire PYP forum via the user cp options page

It's like the Full Frame threads... I found those annoying as hell and I put up a suggestion that Adam and the forum accepted... which was to have a dedicated sub forum to let people's full frame ramblings/rants/dreams/discussions go wild.

So far it's worked great. They can do what they do and I can avoid that section. Same thing with picture viewing. They are categorized already into sub forums so its pretty easy to not click a link.
11-27-2014, 04:03 PM - 2 Likes   #9

Considering the topic of the forum I think there are rather to many threads without photos here. But I agree partially. If somebody posts a bunch of thematically close photos in the pyp section I would prefer them to be in one thread. This keeps them together and they can be easily compared and enjoyed. Also they dont occlude the threads of others.
11-27-2014, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

It was out of hand at the beginning of the contest because some users wanted to rake up the posts and likes that way. Dunno what happened, but I expect things to calm down when the contest is over.
I mostly post in the various Theme threads, challenges, and clubs, specifically not to have too many "my" threads
11-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I expect at the end of November, things will calm down a little.
11-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by delegopa Quote
If somebody posts a bunch of thematically close photos in the pyp section I would prefer them to be in one thread. This keeps them together and they can be easily compared and enjoyed. Also they dont occlude the threads of others.
And many of the "thematic" subjects are actual "themes" in the Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories sub-forum. Everyone posts similar photos in one thread - such as "Trees".
11-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I expect at the end of November, things will calm down a little.
I expect it will calm down a lot, as it have been before. And it's almost over!
11-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
And many of the "thematic" subjects are actual "themes" in the Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories sub-forum. Everyone posts similar photos in one thread - such as "Trees".
There are a lot of sort of overlapping photo threads. A DA limited photo thread, but also a 35 limited and a 15 limited thread. A Sigma thread, but also an 18-35 specific thread. Then there are lens sample threads. There is a black and white photo thread, a monochrome landscape thread, a black and white film thread. I think sometimes photos get posted multiple different places.

It does feel like there should be a tightening up of the number of photo threads out there. Some of them are seldom used and overlap with other photo threads.
11-28-2014, 08:46 AM - 3 Likes   #15
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Around here we like to view photos until our eyes go closed, then we take a little break and come back for more viewing!

I can't believe what I have been reading! It's like someone going into a fine restaurant and complaining that there is too much food to choose from! Maybe you weren't really hungry after all?

Regrets here are that there is not enough time to view all the fantastic shots posted, but it can't keep you from trying!

Regards!
Closed Thread