Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Process Me!

I'd love to see a place here dedicated only to processing. I know we have similar threads and Forums, but what I would like is a simple place where you could drop in a single photo and let others process it with their particular skills and talents, in a manner they find appealing.

I'm not talking about critique of a photo or even a long drawn out detail of what you did or how you did it, just a simple explanation and the processing program or programs used. There are so many new and fantastic processing programs that a lot of us aren't familiar with...or don't even realize exist. This would expose us to those programs and most likely spur some expanded interest in processing for those that are hesitant or insecure in wading into a new processing program.

Simple is the word....Limited to one photo per post, with unlimited replies of the processed photo, stating the process used and briefly describing what was done, posting the revised photo in the reply.

In the past a few times I have asked others for help on a particular photo, and found that using the ideas of others has greatly enhanced my ability and my desire to improve my processing skills.......although I am nowhere near the talent we have here at PF. If there was one simple place to drop a photo and get some ideas and improvement from others it would be interesting, fun, and very useful too. When I had my little studio, a site here like that would have been fantastic for my portraits, but it could be just as useful for other types of shots as well.

Just and idea......Old Rupert has lots of ideas, not saying they are all good....maybe this one is ...or isn't?? My idea of a credit card that would shock Mrs Rupert with 50,000 volts every time she used it was a total failure....after she came home the first time after using and stuck it "where the sun don't shine".

Regards!

11-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm personally a fan of this idea, and I'd be open to trying it. Many people don't like when other touch their photos without permission, though, so permission would have to be implied by those who choose to use the section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Of course, they would know before they posted that others would be free to process in whatever version they found personally appealing. I don't see that as a problem for those wanting a little help in gaining knowledge and diversity in the field of processing. Many times I have found myself at a standstill in processing a particular shot...and wondered what someone else might be able to offer. I have hesitated to interrupt a regular thread to ask for help on a particular shot, but if we had a thread such as this, made for this circumstance, there would be no hesitation.
On top of that....I do believe it would make good and interesting viewing for everyone......well, maybe not so much for those that think we already have too many photos?

I do hope you will give it a try, it's not as good an idea as my 50,000 volt credit cards, but the results should be a lot better than what I got!

Regards!
11-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like it!

11-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I like it!
The 50,000 volt credit cards? You know...I'll tell, misery loves company!

Regards!
12-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is a great idea, and could make for a lot of fun, especially when Photoshop and surrealism comes into play.
12-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Cool idea, I'm in. (not the credit card idea)