Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Thank you for the clean layout

I've spent the afternoon reading software reviews, (trying to decide on the Topaz collection), which has subjected my
aching eyes to all manner of horrific web design. At 4:29 CST it dawned on me that Pentax Forums is a wealth
of information without the train wreck and I am every so glad of that.

So thank you for putting together such a useful site without the chaos. No annoying pop-ups. No constantly shifting
and resizing content as various elements load on the page. No flyover auto-play videos. No low contrast, mixed contrast
or worst of all, reverse contrast text, (see Luminous Landscape and DPReview for stellar examples of eye strain). No
advertisements coyly disguised as content.

It's always a pleasure to find such a useful resource that is so joyful to use. Again, Thank You.

12-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the kind words- I'm always happy to see when members are enjoying the site!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I agree it is an absolute pleasure to read stuff on this site, thank you.

However I do have a suggestion on how to grease the cogs so to speak, and that is: Is it possible to have the lenses in the "Third Party Lens Reviews" in order of focal length please? As it is in the various pentax lists of lenses. This would be so helpful when looking for lens reviews in the lists ie. Vivitar Lenses for Pentax: Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database I tend to like Vivitar, not hard to scroll the list, but, if they were in order...
Regards beachgardener.
12-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
I agree it is an absolute pleasure to read stuff on this site, thank you.

However I do have a suggestion on how to grease the cogs so to speak, and that is: Is it possible to have the lenses in the "Third Party Lens Reviews" in order of focal length please? As it is in the various pentax lists of lenses. This would be so helpful when looking for lens reviews in the lists ie. Vivitar Lenses for Pentax: Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database I tend to like Vivitar, not hard to scroll the list, but, if they were in order...
Regards beachgardener.
Right now they're ordered alphanumerically so 100 would appear before 20 but after 10. Hope that makes sense! When we revamp the lens databases, the sorting will be natural.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks mate