Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Drop down box quicklinks.

Okay at work suddenly when I am in this site I go to quicklinks and normal click once and it does the drop down I click Todays posts. Well all day yesturday and today I click it and nothing shows up it just does nothing. Works fine at home PC.

I am ona PC windows XP nothing changed in the last few day that I know of. It is work and they could have done something but why it would only effect that I don't know. In the bottom left I get the Done,with errors on the page notice.

I rebooted and uncheck pop ups and all the obvious things. Any ideas?

05-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It's been working fine for me.

It has refused to work while the page was loading. Sometimes it'd get stuck and not "open" if I clicked on it before the entire page finished loading.

You could try clearing your cache and refreshing. Other than that, I've no idea.
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't changed anything in the quicklinks since our upgrade early this month, so it must be your computer. As fpaddict said, always wait for the page to fully load before trying to access the dropdown, as the javascript needed to operate it might not have loaded when you clicked the menu this morning.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Try on a different PC AT WORK and see what happens.

05-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know for sure it is something in this PC but will try another pc in the office. It also has stopped my ability to do the quick reply. The only thing I can think of is the recently blocked Yahoo all together. Not sure why that would effect it. Heck I can't even add the smiley from the box on the right. Wierd, again I am sure not the site Adam, just my pc. Thanks
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've just noticed something similar. I do know that it is a browser issue, but if you could give me any more info, I'd appreciate it. In Opera 9.27, everything works ok. But in 9.5, if I'm in a thread and click on a members name in a post, I get the normal dropdown box, if the scroll-bar on the page is all of the way at the top. Otherwise, it appears several inches down. Turning of javascript opens the members profile page. Anything you can tell me that I can post over in the Opera forums that may be useful?

*EDIT* This is true for any of the drop down boxes.

Last edited by Jodokast96; 06-11-2008 at 02:39 PM.
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
I've just noticed something similar. I do know that it is a browser issue, but if you could give me any more info, I'd appreciate it. In Opera 9.27, everything works ok. But in 9.5, if I'm in a thread and click on a members name in a post, I get the normal dropdown box, if the scroll-bar on the page is all of the way at the top. Otherwise, it appears several inches down. Turning of javascript opens the members profile page. Anything you can tell me that I can post over in the Opera forums that may be useful?

*EDIT* This is true for any of the drop down boxes.
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I know for sure it is something in this PC but will try another pc in the office. It also has stopped my ability to do the quick reply. The only thing I can think of is the recently blocked Yahoo all together. Not sure why that would effect it. Heck I can't even add the smiley from the box on the right. Wierd, again I am sure not the site Adam, just my pc. Thanks
This sounds an awful lot like some sort of JavaScript conflict in your browsers. I haven't modified the forum software since May, so why would it work then and not now?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I can't say that it didn't start then as I didn't start using 9.5 again until just recently. It was a beta version and the final version was just released today, so I'll give it a try soon. I was mostly looking for as much info to take back to the Opera forums as I could is really all.
06-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This sounds an awful lot like some sort of JavaScript conflict in your browsers. I haven't modified the forum software since May, so why would it work then and not now?
Adam, just before the last site update the "quick reply" and "multiquote" buttons did not work for me. After the upgrade everything went back to normal. Now since last Friday it is again the same situation. I reloaded and upgraded Java to no avail, I am on a Windows XP Pro SP 2 platform.

On my Laptop (Vista home premium) everything works just fine.

Any ideas of how to fix it?
06-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wait 5 seconds

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Adam: FWIW, since the upgrade, at work (highly regulated environment) on XP Pro, the "Today's Posts" link in the drop down box generates a message, "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds before performing another search." In fact, if I wait 5 seconds, the link works.

That wait is not required at home.

I am quite certain this is due to a Java setting in Explorer at work. At home I am using Firefox under Win2K.
06-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Monochrome,

If that's the case, the then two navbar templates in use (there's one for each major browser) must differ from each other, or may still contain code from before vBulletin 3.7.

As I am departing for a two week trip tomorrow, however, I will not be able to deal with this immediately.

Adam

06-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam: It isn't necessary fror you to deal with an issue on my system - I've cleared cahe and files, as well as cookies, so there is something on the server.

Here's the actual message received after I counted to 5 <\;>)>---

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 4 seconds.
06-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #13

I am so sick of that same stupid 5 second nonsense too.
Can this be fixed? IE7 on XP SP3
I have a screen cap of it if required.