Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marketplace images - PF refuses to load images

Hi,

I am re-posting a marketplace listing. I am attempting to reuse the same images. If I use the existing images from the prior listing, I am told others can not see the images. If I change their names and attempt to reload them, the website refuses to load them. Catch 22....
NewOld
Oh by the way,

Most of the time the search function does not work for me. I put in terms and filters and I get everything but what I am looking for.

12-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You should be able to link to the images from the previous listing.
Right click>Copy Image URL, then insert the link into the new listing.
12-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Hi,

I am re-posting a marketplace listing. I am attempting to reuse the same images. If I use the existing images from the prior listing, I am told others can not see the images. If I change their names and attempt to reload them, the website refuses to load them. Catch 22....
NewOld
Oh by the way,

Most of the time the search function does not work for me. I put in terms and filters and I get everything but what I am looking for.
That's because those pics are in the expired section, which isn't visible to the public. You should delete the attachments (via this page or the thread itself) and re-upload them somewhere where they're publicly visible. Alternatively, the moderators could just restore the expired thread for you.

If the expired thread had been in the "sold" section, then you could have re-used the photos either by copying their URLs or clicking on "manage album photos" in the full editor and selecting them from the popup.

Hope this clarifies things!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You should be able to link to the images from the previous listing.
Right click>Copy Image URL, then insert the link into the new listing.
Well, that is what I did - no joy, based on Adam's explanation.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's because those pics are in the expired section, which isn't visible to the public. You should delete the attachments (via this page or the thread itself) and re-upload them somewhere where they're publicly visible. Alternatively, the moderators could just restore the expired thread for you.

If the expired thread had been in the "sold" section, then you could have re-used the photos either by copying their URLs or clicking on "manage album photos" in the full editor and selecting them from the popup.

Hope this clarifies things!
What I find interesting is that you deny based on the actual image itself, rather than just the file name. So, based on that, apparently there is an exception on uploading the images to my Albums, but would not the same upload restrictions apply?

I'll try the delete attachments...

12-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
What I find interesting is that you deny based on the actual image itself, rather than just the file name. So, based on that, apparently there is an exception on uploading the images to my Albums, but would not the same upload restrictions apply?
The restriction is based on the forum in which the thread containing the attachments resides. So if a moderator were to move your thread from the expired forum to the sold items forum, the attachments would once again be visible to the public.

If you used the album system, the files would always be publicly visible, so you'd be able to get around this issue and re-use the photos more easily should your thread expire.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The restriction is based on the forum in which the thread containing the attachments resides. So if a moderator were to move your thread from the expired forum to the sold items forum, the attachments would once again be visible to the public.

If you used the album system, the files would always be publicly visible, so you'd be able to get around this issue and re-use the photos more easily should your thread expire.
I just deleted via the delete page yesterday and then reloaded the images.

The access control restrictions were not apparent earlier in terms of the differences between the various forums.

Thanks...