Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2015, 02:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Marketplace Listing

I'd like to suggest that if a seller will be selling more than 5 items at once, he/she should bundle it in one list. Browsing the marketplace with several items of the same seller seems unfair for other sellers, not to mention a (subjectively) eyesore for potential buyers.

01-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I think there might be a rule like that already. I did notice that someone listed many things recently each in single listings. They will find out when they go to "bump" them that only two bumps are allowed of different threads in a 24 hour period (which is automatically enforced by the forum software I think) so they won't be able to keep all those listings current (assuming they don't all sell immediately)...
01-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The "Ignore" function made those go away for me.
Perhaps a maximum number of active listings?
01-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I think there might be a rule like that already. I did notice that someone listed many things recently each in single listings. They will find out when they go to "bump" them that only two bumps are allowed of different threads in a 24 hour period (which is automatically enforced by the forum software I think) so they won't be able to keep all those listings current (assuming they don't all sell immediately)...
Right. People with multiple ads are actually handicapping themselves.
From the Marketplace rules:
"You may bump your Marketplace threads as needed by replying to them, but not more than once every 40 hours. Additionally, you may not bump more than 2 threads within any 24 hour period. These restrictions are enforced automatically, and if you have reached your bumping limit, subsequent bumps will simply be merged into previous posts."
A seller who has his items combined in one or two threads gets to bump all his listings every 40 hours. If a seller has three or more threads he's essentially cheating himself, bump-wise.

Last edited by Parallax; 01-03-2015 at 11:11 AM.