Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Cant edit my posts

Moderator Contact Form Message

I cant edit any of my posts ? I cant edit as OP and cant edit as reply to others posts. Its very frustrating.....thanks.

01-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Editing posts

I believe the forum allows editing for 24 hours after the post is made, with the exception of Marketplace ads, which may be edited at anytime by the seller.
01-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I thought the 24 hour restriction only applied to editing of a thread title.
01-22-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Personally, I am able to modify posts older than a week...
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the user is new and their count posts? Measure taken against spams and such?

01-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Personally, I am able to modify posts older than a week...
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the user is new and their count posts? Measure taken against spams and such?
I was able to before on my old profile ? Now I get a message that says l can't edit my posts for 24hrs after creating a new account , and that l have to wait until l have 1 post.
Well...I have met all the criteria and its frustrating.
Won't be here long if its changed and I can't edit , add , etc.
01-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
l can't edit my posts for 24hrs after creating a new account
I think that is key to your problem...
This limitation will most probably disappear once your new account gets more activity... not sure of the actual limit you need to hit in order for it to go away (maybe an admin can give ore info on that part).

Your old account most probably had more activity than this new one that you have now, and that's why you were able to modify older posts.
01-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Won't be here long if its changed and I can't edit , add , etc.
Seriously? You asked about this less than an hour ago. Give us a chance to figure it out.

BTW, what do you mean by your old profile?

01-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
this is all I get...cant add anything...cant edit anything.....
"""System Message""""
For security reasons, you need to have at least 1 forum posts, and your account must be more than 1 day old before you can edit your posts.

I cant seem to get past that ? I have enough posts , I have far surpassed the time limit ?

---------- Post added 01-23-15 at 01:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Seriously? You asked about this less than an hour ago. Give us a chance to figure it out.

BTW, what do you mean by your old profile?
Well...I would post the link (if I could) to the Forum introduction for new members that I explained I was not a new forum member , but created a new account because of being hacked bad from 1 of 2 sources. And I created a new profile because of it.
01-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You registered on the 19th of January under 2 different names. I don't know if that's part of the problem or not. Adam will have to look into it.
01-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You registered on the 19th of January under 2 different names. I don't know if that's part of the problem or not. Adam will have to look into it.
Yes...I misspelled my name on the first registration on the 19th and since I couldn't correct it or delete it I simply re-registered the correct spelling.
Please understand...I had everything on my computer hacked...Really Bad !
I just want to get back to using the forum again with a new identity for a variety of reasons because of that.
01-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Please understand...I had everything on my computer hacked...Really Bad !
I just want to get back to using the forum again with a new identity for a variety of reasons because of that.
I do understand, and I assure you it can be resolved once Adam has a chance to get to it. Please understand that it may not happen in an hour, or 2 hours.
01-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I had my Email , Pay-Pal , E-bay , several forum sites , FaceBook....all hacked.
The individual that did this had some very personal photos also that were posted on other sites I use.
I could not take the chance that would happen here on my favorite forum and create even more damage and severe embarrassment for me.
I lost my standing , posts , likes and had to start out fresh. I didn't know any other way to do it and feel at all safe.
My computer has been completely restored to default. All associated accounts heve been changed , updated , deleted. All passwords have been changed on every account.
My server has been secured and a new password assigned for it.
It was suggested by another member to ask Adam to merge my accounts on here. I wouldn't mind that if it was possible , but only if I can be completely anonymous.
I just want to be back here with my fellow Pentaxians and have fun learning , joking , and sharing.....that's all.......and feel safe that the SOB that hacked me cant find me again.

---------- Post added 01-23-15 at 01:43 AM ----------

I do understand, and I assure you it can be resolved once Adam has a chance to get to it. Please understand that it may not happen in an hour, or 2 hours.
Yes I DO understand. I apologize also for being impatient and frustrated...Im just so hurt , embarrassed and angry over all of what being hacked has done...words cant describe.
Thank you.
01-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No need to apologize. I can only imagine how I would react in the same situation. The fact that you're still capable of rational thought suggests to me that you're handling it better than I would.
01-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No need to apologize. I can only imagine how I would react in the same situation. The fact that you're still capable of rational thought suggests to me that you're handling it better than I would.
Believe me....Im NOT thinking rational.....Just barely.
I ended up in the ER last night with severe chest pain when I saw what was posted to my sisters Facebook page !!!!....thought I was having a heart attack !
Cant even go to work right now. I got the IP address for sure through a Email tracing service....but the police wont tell me anything as far as specifics. Just that the Lady that started this is actually a MAN named Phil and lives in Washington state.......I was madly in love with this LADY....."WE"... "exchanged photos".......use your Mans imagination to figure out the rest !
01-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moderator Contact Form Message

I cant edit any of my posts ? I cant edit as OP and cant edit as reply to others posts. Its very frustrating.....thanks.
There is a 1-year editing restriction on all posts. You also can't edit anything in a thread that has been closed. If there's an older thread containing personal info that you'd like removed, please PM me links and I will remove it.

It was suggested by another member to ask Adam to merge my accounts on here. I wouldn't mind that if it was possible , but only if I can be completely anonymous.
I'd be happy to merge your accounts for you. Please send me a PM with your old username and the e-mail and/or DOB on that account and I will proceed with the merge.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: