Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 10:05 AM   #1

Marketplace suggestion

Hello!
Currently I am selling two of my lenses. I am located in Croatia, and I have posted lens location accordingly.
Croatia joined EU in Year 2013, but it is still not listed here to be a part of EU. If someone goes to 'Thread Filtering Options' in Marketplace options, and selects 'Item location: EU', my listing is not going to be visible. It looks like Croatia is still not an EU member here in Pentaxforums
Can this be fixed?

01-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The filtering setting is based on the location you specify in your thread, not in your profile. So, if you select EU your thread will show up.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
I selected Croatia as location in my thread, and my ad was not visible. Now I changed the location to Slovenia, and my ad appears in search results when you look for the ads in EU only. I don't see the option to select EU as my location. All I want to say is that the system does not know that Croatia is a part of EU, like it knows about Slovenia and other EU countries.
01-30-2015, 12:44 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ah yes, I see what you're saying. I think the best solution would be to remove EU as a selectable country in the dropdown, and I've gone ahead and done so. EU isn't selectable in the listing form.

Most members will be filtering by "shipping destinations" anyway and then they will be browsing through the listings.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2015, 01:47 AM   #5

Original Poster
Well, I find very useful to filter actual item location. This way I am able to look only for the items available for shipping and delivery without any additional costs. Most of listings are US od Canada, and for us not living in North America it is convenient to browse only EU ads. Isn't it possible to leave EU in search options? I would rather not have my country listed in EU than loosing the opportunity to browse EU offers.
01-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by hegedus Quote
Well, I find very useful to filter actual item location. This way I am able to look only for the items available for shipping and delivery without any additional costs. Most of listings are US od Canada, and for us not living in North America it is convenient to browse only EU ads. Isn't it possible to leave EU in search options? I would rather not have my country listed in EU than loosing the opportunity to browse EU offers.
Fair enough. Give me a list of all the countries in Europe (not necessarily the EU) from the location dropdown and I'll add an option to the filtering dropdown.

Adam

01-30-2015, 04:46 AM   #7

Original Poster
I would like other EU forum member to say what they think about this matter. But my opinion is that you should leave only EU countries in one group. To add Europe as a second option is maybe a tricky thing to do, because we have some countries like Turkey and Russia that are actually both in Europe as well as in Asia. For me as an EU citizen, it makes no difference (in terms of import taxes) if I buy a lens from a seller in Russia or a seller in Australia.
So my suggestion is that you keep only EU countries in EU group, and these are:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.

01-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by hegedus Quote
I would like other EU forum member to say what they think about this matter. But my opinion is that you should leave only EU countries in one group. To add Europe as a second option is maybe a tricky thing to do, because we have some countries like Turkey and Russia that are actually both in Europe as well as in Asia. For me as an EU citizen, it makes no difference (in terms of import taxes) if I buy a lens from a seller in Russia or a seller in Australia.
So my suggestion is that you keep only EU countries in EU group, and these are:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.
And done! Now to get more sellers from Europe on the Marketplace- sounds like it's time for a promotion

Adam

01-30-2015, 11:59 PM   #9

Original Poster
Great Adam!