Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #1

Technophobe Marketplace Help

Hello all, I am interested in selling my entire collection of Pentax DSLR's and lenses, and will sell at below market prices. Can someone explain in simple terms the easiest process of facilitating transactions, as I have never sold on the marketplace or anything like ebay before. I would appreciate any marketplace selling advice that anyone can offer..

01-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This should get you started: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/137-read-f...ack-guide.html
01-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to decide how you will accept payment. That may be the hardest part for someone who hasn't sold online.
If your preference is to receive a check or money order in the mail, I'm sure some buyers could accommodate that.
01-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can also look through the wanted section and find people who are looking for specific items.

---------- Post added 01-31-15 at 08:09 AM ----------

The easiest transactions are PayPal. You then have to get your money out of PayPal which isn't hard but it isn't automatic. By default your money is kept on account by PayPal. Great for buying other stuff with PayPal funds, annoying if you need to spend it elsewhere until you learn the best way to get the money where you want it.

01-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the advice. If someone is willing, could you provide a description of how the paypal transaction should take place between two private parties. Thanks.
01-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

step 1 - both parties must have or establish accounts with paypal.

Step 2 - agree to a price (remember to specify if the price includes shipping also be aware paypal takes nearly 3% in fees)

Step 3 - seller tells buyer his paypal linked email address,

Step 4 - buyer logs into paypal then selects send money, picks the option for Goods and services (not gift!)
Step 5 - the seller gets the money in their paypal account.
Step 6 - Seller ships item to buyer, everyone is happy... Unless the item isn't as described or never is shipped. If there is. A problem, then buyer or seller projection has to be invoked.
02-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the information regarding the paypal payment process. I now feel that I have enough information to begin listing items.

02-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jaspdx Quote
Thanks for the information regarding the paypal payment process. I now feel that I have enough information to begin listing items.
Good luck!