Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Embedded ads in Tapatalk?

I used to see banner ads at the top or bottom, but now they're made to look like an actual thread within the sub forum. Is this a Pentax Forums thing, or is it a Tapatalk issue?

02-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
I used to see banner ads at the top or bottom, but now they're made to look like an actual thread within the sub forum. Is this a Pentax Forums thing, or is it a Tapatalk issue?
I think Tapatalk is in complete control of what they do ad-wise. They've been sending out e-mail about "experimental" advertising, so perhaps that's it. Could you post a screenshot?

BTW, for a browsing experience free of annoying ads, I recommend sticking to the standard mobile site. Let me know if you have any suggestions for that!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
for a browsing experience free of annoying ads,
Why do I see ads on mine with the mobile skin?

Last edited by Parallax; 04-17-2020 at 11:18 AM.
02-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It shows up in every Tapatalk feed (unread, subscribed, participated, trending) as the second thread. Every sub forum as well.

Attached Images

02-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Every once in a while I see some annoying ads here on the main site of PF run by that obnoxious little rodent squirrel, Otis......is there any way I can block those from popping up?
Regards!
02-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Why do I see ads on mine with the mobile skin?
Said no annoying ads, not no ads

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
It shows up in every Tapatalk feed (unread, subscribed, participated, trending) as the second thread. Every sub forum as well.
I will see if those can't be disabled. Tapatalk doesn't share any revenue so I'm not sure where they come from, but I'll look for a setting.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
LOL True, they aren't annoying.

02-04-2015, 06:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

If those rodent ads are not annoying...what is?

Regards!
02-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The ads should now be gone. Plus, I've updated to the latest version of Tapatalk which may add additional functionality.

Adam

02-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

....seems no one wants to address the rodent squirrel population here or on the internet in general? With our very mild winter, the squirrel population at my place has exploded and I was hoping someone would have a solution at ending their coming conquest of all the earth, starting here. It starts slow, with a few squirrels here and there, next thing you know they are everywhere.

I dread the day when I log in here and see the banner...
"Otis-Pentax Forum.....The Largest Squirrel Dedicated Photography Forum In The World"

''Well, I tried, I made a suggestion, I had hopes.......

Regards!