Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 01:56 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I messed up...

One of the members by the name of Boyd PM'd me because he needed to get a D-Li90 charger in a hurray and I sent a PM back with the site address of a firm I use which would solve his problem and then I deleted his message but in doing so I think the PM I sent was deleted too so I have no way of knowing whether he got the information or not. Is it possible for a Mod to check those deleted messages?

BTW this member is located in Geraldton in Western Australia if that helps.

02-23-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
One of the members by the name of Boyd PM'd me because he needed to get a D-Li90 charger in a hurray and I sent a PM back with the site address of a firm I use which would solve his problem and then I deleted his message but in doing so I think the PM I sent was deleted too so I have no way of knowing whether he got the information or not. Is it possible for a Mod to check those deleted messages?

BTW this member is located in Geraldton in Western Australia if that helps.
Even if you delete the PM in your outbox, the recipient should still be able to see it. I'd PM him again to make sure he got it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Is it possible for a Mod to check those deleted messages?
We have no way of seeing members' PMs.
02-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We have no way of seeing members' PMs.
A few years ago I would go to my PM mail and it would open up the PM mail of another member...one that was a heated rival on the old P&M. Don't know how this happened, and if I closed it (naturally I didn't read his private mail before closing!) and re-opened, mine would appear. This went on for some time, and was sort of funny. I should have reported it, but no harm was done. After a few weeks it stopped and has never happened again, but it did make me think twice about what I write in a PM.
Of course, I would never write anything I wouldn't want my Mom to read anyhow!

Regards!

02-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's okay, I got it sorted out and managed to help him.