Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Email notification

How do you turn off email notification for subscribed threads? I want to get private messages, and messages from Pentaxforums, but when I subscribe to a thread I don't want to get emails. This is how I have it set:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
 Notification in User CP Only

In the subscribed thread list some are weekly or instant, but not checked.

I'm still getting emails.

02-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
In the subscribed thread list some are weekly or instant, but not checked.
The check boxes are only to select threads to apply an action to from the dropdown list at the bottom of the page, and are all empty when you open up your list of subscribed threads. I'm going through the same thing, first I changed the notification for a few pages of thread subscriptions, but didn't change the default settings, so new threads were still on instant notification, now I have changed the default settings, but still getting emails for newer threads that I first posted on before I changed the defaults. Part of the problem is some threads get revived after long periods (well for here, more than a week is a long period of time) of inactivity and become active again for a few days before settling down again.
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To update existing subscriptions, head over this this page:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php

Check the checkbox for any thread for which you'd like to change the subscription, and then use the dropdown at the bottom of the page to make the change.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ah, thanks.

This is an amazing site, great work.